Matchday rituals

Do any other P&B'ers who are otherwise sane (sorry Morton fans if this thread excludes most of you) have strange pre-match rituals? I'd always wear something the colour of the opposition but that superstition has been replaced by exercise. No way will Pars win if I've not put some work in at the gym etc early on a Saturday. No way can I wear a Pars scarf to games either - guarantees a miserable result. 

Anyone else? 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Do any other P&B'ers who are otherwise sane (sorry Morton fans if this thread excludes most of you) have strange pre-match rituals? I'd always wear something the colour of the opposition but that superstition has been replaced by exercise. No way will Pars win if I've not put some work in at the gym etc early on a Saturday. No way can I wear a Pars scarf to games either - guarantees a miserable result. 

Anyone else? 

I don't involve my attire or indulge in exercise. The managers outfit is critical however. 

Does he have a shiny suit on ? Check. Does he still use the lucky dip approach to team selection ? Check.

Is the boards 15 year plan still rolling on in an effort to stand still. ?  CHECK

Do I have to get to cappielow at least two hours before kick off to avoid paying  a ridiculous 20 quid to watch the result of the lucky dip ? Check.

Is Warren Hawke still spreading his brand of GOODWILL ? Check

This carefully followed ritual inevitably results in me avoiding the game altogether and enjoying a beer with mates (or even the wife)

15 minutes ago, cornbeef said:

I don't involve my attire or indulge in exercise. The managers outfit is critical however. 

Does he have a shiny suit on ? Check. Does he still use the lucky dip approach to team selection ? Check.

Is the boards 15 year plan still rolling on in an effort to stand still. ?  CHECK

Do I have to get to cappielow at least two hours before kick off to avoid paying  a ridiculous 20 quid to watch the result of the lucky dip ? Check.

Is Warren Hawke still spreading his brand of GOODWILL ? Check

This carefully followed ritual inevitably results in me avoiding the game altogether and enjoying a beer with mates (or even the wife)

Jim McIntyre's sharp grey suit was a stick on for 3 points. 

Never shave on the day of a game.....I will tomorrow tho

Sometimes to this day I feel a certain top is lucky on occasion but that soon gets done. I once wore my Tranmere home top to all cup games in 97, the final some Tranmere fans I know turned up wearing Falkirk tops, I had Tranmere top on......we know what happened that day....

19 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Used to wear a Mickey Mouse cardigan to games when I was six and we didn't lose a game for ages.

What are you playing at man? Get that top back on for the games.

20 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

One that I have only started doing this season is that I have to turn up to the stadium on the verge of being paralytic.

Not the most medically advised pre-match ritual, but it came in very handy from the start of the season up until January.

Yes, this season has been a blur for me too.

:blink:

Archived