General World Cup Nonsense

jagfox

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on the world cup so far? I’m enjoying it, Been an alright mix of good and bad games. A few results like the germany/mexico and brazil/Switzerland ones that haven’t been big shock upsets, Japan was probably the biggest surprise result given form etc.

On 18/06/2018 at 21:43, 8MileBU said:

Think you need to be Sevcouese mate.

FTFY.

Anyway reasonable tournament thus far without being spectacular.  Knock out rounds should involve some #VARSCENES. 

Disappointing lack of Russian hooliganism and patio furniture being hurled by Brexity racists.

Have enjoyed it so far.only the Uruguay v eygpt game i thought was crap the rest have been good.stand out games being Portugal v Spain and Mexico v Germany looking forward to watching next week when I'm on hols in Bulgaria drinking a few zagorskas

FTFY.
Anyway reasonable tournament thus far without being spectacular.  Knock out rounds should involve some #VARSCENES. 
Disappointing lack of Russian hooliganism and patio furniture being hurled by Brexity racists.

They’ve no been knocked out yet.

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

FTFY.

Yes it's not a world cup if there's no plastic chairs being thrown or water canons deployed 

Speaking of VAR, here's a poorly written and/or edited piece on notable controversial World Cup moments that might have been changed with the system: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44511770

You'll note that England's tournament winning goal which didn't cross the line isn't included. Gary Lineker also had the nerve to say the other day that England don't get the luck of decisions going for them at tournaments.

On 09/06/2018 at 21:27, DA Baracus said:

Also found one where you can pick an all time World Cup XI, but only from select players;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-27699398

My one;

Screenshot_20180609-212520.thumb.png.1c3910f9e98511633db43b42d388a1dd.png

Always quick to the party me...

Can't put my subs after the first team, for some reason...

Buffon, Thuram, Lahm, Cannavaro, Baresi, Xavi, Iniesta, Rivellino, Brazilian Ronaldo, Gerd Muller, Ronaldinho.

Screenshot_20180620-011132_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Speaking of VAR, here's a poorly written and/or edited piece on notable controversial World Cup moments that might have been changed with the system: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44511770

You'll note that England's tournament winning goal which didn't cross the line isn't included. 

To be fair that one that one would be in the article "How GDS could have changed World Cup history"

8 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Needs more use of the word “likely” - Ed.

Enjoying it so far but I can't remember a World Cup with so many poor teams. 

48 team World Cup is going to be awful, might not even bother watching the groups in that one. 

Reduce it to 16 teams I say. ( I am fully aware this will never happen but how good would it be!)

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Hopefully today's 3 games involve a f**k load of goals and at least one absolute doing. Fancy Ronaldo to show f**k all mercy for the opponents today.

Indeed. It's just a matter of goal difference for them and Spain now.

Archived