The SPFL Angus League ££1 2018-19

Your right, surely it's time for the other 3 to stand on their own feet

I ve yet to experience this massive DD11 support as we re always a league above them ( playing fucking pish but a league above all the same ) .

I ve yet to experience this massive DD11 support as we re always a league above them ( playing fucking pish but a league above all the same ) .

Get the feeling that an abundance of love is going to be required down Glebe Park way this coming season

8 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I will activity be persuing as many Arbroath fans as possible to boycott the away games against the other 3 Angus clubs.

No way should we allow the maroon pound to prop up these diddy teams and let them compete against big clubs like ourselves 8)

The smokies are getting their excuses for their pishy away support in early...:lol:

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

We have Pat Scullion. Can’t see anything other than thousands coming with statements of intent like that. The sleeping giant has awoken.

Is that the wee guy from Morton looks like him off of Fantasy Island ????
da plane da plane

It's worth noting that our recent success has seen us leapfrog Arbroath to become once again the third most successful team in Angus.

With one third tier title and one fourth tier title under our belts we are infinately more successful than our smokie cousins with their pitiful haul of two fourth tier titles. :lol:

It's worth noting that our recent success has seen us leapfrog Arbroath to become once again the third most successful team in Angus.
With one third tier title and one fourth tier title under our belts we are infinately more successful than our smokie cousins with their pitiful haul of two fourth tier titles. :lol:

Two bottom tier trophies all the same, but not sure you can count 23 consecutive years in the bottom tier as any kind of success tbh [emoji1]

Just lulling everyone into a false sense of security over them 20 odd years.
Still at least you won a title this millennium as have Brechin and ourselves.

We ve more titles than the Prince Of Wales [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
But by f**k this season s takes the biscuit .

Interesting read on the FAFC website:-

As a footnote to the four Angus clubs being in the same league for the first time in 25 years, back in 92/3, the league set up saw fourteen clubs compete in League Two, with all sides playing each other three times.   Brechin City clinched promotion to League One in second place behind champions Clyde.   Forfar Athletic finished fourth, Arbroath sixth and Montrose were down in twelfth spot.

Amazingly by a twist of the fixture computer at the time, Forfar played all three Angus clubs at home only once with two away fixtures.

The results were however encouraging with five wins, three draws and only one defeat.

v Arbroath – 1-1 (home) 3-2 and 0-0 (away)

v Brechin City – 0-1 (home) 2-1 and 1-0 (away)

v  Montrose – 4-3 (home) 0-0 and 3-1 (away)

4 hours ago, ROBROYSTON said:

Interesting read on the FAFC website:-

As a footnote to the four Angus clubs being in the same league for the first time in 25 years, back in 92/3, the league set up saw fourteen clubs compete in League Two, with all sides playing each other three times.   Brechin City clinched promotion to League One in second place behind champions Clyde.   Forfar Athletic finished fourth, Arbroath sixth and Montrose were down in twelfth spot.

Amazingly by a twist of the fixture computer at the time, Forfar played all three Angus clubs at home only once with two away fixtures.

The results were however encouraging with five wins, three draws and only one defeat.

v Arbroath – 1-1 (home) 3-2 and 0-0 (away)

v Brechin City – 0-1 (home) 2-1 and 1-0 (away)

v  Montrose – 4-3 (home) 0-0 and 3-1 (away)

I'm pretty sure that was the season arbroath fans were wearing fake beards in support of Danny McGrain.

As I've said to another poster.
Hope you can't wait for your New Year Derby in Stanraer[emoji2]

I suspect Dumbarton will be Stranraer’s “New Year Derby” and we will be paired with Stenny.

Not that I expect you to understand anything about the geography outwith your farm.