Stirling Albion -vs- Stenhousemuir (The New Friendship Derby)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night I had a dream.

With 93mins on the clock and the ref lifting the whistle to his lips,  Smith was bearing down on goal with only the keeper to beat.  I thought, funny, what's Cammy Binnie doing in the Stenny goal.

After we know our fate (the MO) by 5pm the Binos/Stenny result will be the next I look out for out of interest rather than any bias. Wonder how many folk have a bet on the result.

The joys of being a football fan and to think we pay for the priviledge of crapping ourselves on days like this!

After we know our fate (the MO) by 5pm the Binos/Stenny result will be the next I look out for out of interest rather than any bias. Wonder how many folk have a bet on the result.
The joys of being a football fan and to think we pay for the priviledge of crapping ourselves on days like this!

Not looking for the Clyde score ?
Probably cause we beat you 3 0 last game in that case come on peterhead [emoji6]

Looking at the league and the form that we are actually in at the moment, finishing 4th and playing Albion Rovers or Queens Park does seem quite appealing to me as I fear that Montrose but most likely Peterhead could tear us apart.

With that in mind, I don’t really know what I want tomorrow but I’m surprised Stenny didn’t win on Tuesday night to leap frog us. I suspect we’ll end up with a draw or not that much of a hammering tthat it doesn’t matter, it’s surely to much of an ask for Clyde to overtake us........I think [emoji848]

I would love a wee win to boost the confidence going into the Play Offs but suspect a 2-2 draw. Hard to believe that Stenny and ourselves have taken it to the last day to know if we’ll make it or not, considering that by and large, we’ve both had good seasons with plenty of highlights.

I think Albion Rovers, QP, Stenny and Stirling are all at a similar level (i.e. struggling) at the moment, and either Montrose or Peterhead would wipe the floor with them over two legs. On current form Clyde are the only team who would be able to compete with them, and for that reason alone (there's insufficient space to list all the others!) they are the team that all the others would be hoping to avoid.

I think Albion Rovers, QP, Stenny and Stirling are all at a similar level (i.e. struggling) at the moment, and either Montrose or Peterhead would wipe the floor with them over two legs. On current form Clyde are the only team who would be able to compete with them, and for that reason alone (there's insufficient space to list all the others!) they are the team that all the others would be hoping to avoid.

Very small margins can get you out this league look at when you went up 2 year ago basically down to an absolute wonder strike at broadwood in the play off final and queens park scrapping into the play offs nobody expected them to go up in football you never know

4 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Not looking for the Clyde score ?
Probably cause we beat you 3 0 last game in that case come on peterhead emoji6.png

Yes, will be the one after. What I don't understand is how you lot lost to Cowden . You gave us a pasting and deserved it but it's that Cowden result which has done it for you. Anyway this thread isn't about Clyde and Cowden so enough.

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Very small margins can get you out this league look at when you went up 2 year ago basically down to an absolute wonder strike at broadwood in the play off final and queens park scrapping into the play offs nobody expected them to go up in football you never know

Absolutely agree, but I return to my original theme of momentum. Back in 2015 (apart from the defeat of our reserve side at Broadwood in the last game of the season) we were only beaten once in our last eight league games (i.e. against every other remaining team), so we were the ones who were in form going into the play-offs. In the event that Clyde do squeeze into 4th spot, the exhilaration that would give both the players and the support would mean that you would be riding the crest of a wave at just the right time, and therefore would be my "favourites" to win the play-offs.

Absolutely agree, but I return to my original theme of momentum. Back in 2015 (apart from the defeat of our reserve side at Broadwood in the last game of the season) we were only beaten once in our last eight league games (i.e. against every other remaining team), so we were the ones who were in form going into the play-offs. In the event that Clyde do squeeze into 4th spot, the exhilaration that would give both the players and the support would mean that you would be riding the crest of a wave at just the right time, and therefore would be my "favourites" to win the play-offs.

Know what you mean in terms of momentum sometimes it just feels like success is meant for a team I would temper that with If Peterhead are in the play offs I would make them favourites I still think they are the most complete team in this league and to be honest if Montrose do win promotion it's a real achievement [emoji106]

Stenny fans should be aware only the home stand is open tomorrow. 
Strange decision by the club, I reckon you'll bring a half decent support. 

I can't see them bringing more than 150, would love to be proved wrong but. We'll have no more than 700 there, so tbh makes sense to fill 1 stand.

Peaso, you know what to do... :wub:

He’s doubtful for the game according to the official website.

Can’t believe this is the last game of the season already. Doesn’t feel like that long ago we were being horsed off Falkirk in the League Cup group stage.

59 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

He’s doubtful for the game according to the official website.

That's not so good then! It's been an odd campaign with plenty of twists & turns - that's for sure. 

With the start your lot had made i fancied you to win the league. 

41 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

That's not so good then! It's been an odd campaign with plenty of twists & turns - that's for sure. 

The good start simply masked the horrendous defensive issues we have because we were outscoring the other teams. When the goals dried up, the defence was still suspect, hence the bad runs. Darren Barr has helped, but we need a revamp. Playing the defenders in their actual positions would also help. 

So did I. We are the biggest bottle jobs in the league.

I also thought we'd have play offs secured weeks ago. Still not secured on the final day...

12 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Stenny fans should be aware only the home stand is open tomorrow. 

Strange decision by the club, I reckon you'll bring a half decent support. 

Yes thought it would have been advisable to open the East Stand for the Stenny fans, not only that expect a higher than normal home support to come along and get behind the team in order for us to secure a playoff spot. 

13 hours ago, cfcuk said:

I was at that match and Queen's Park absolutely bodied Clyde - it's a bit disingenuous to suggest David Galt's thriker was the only thing that separated the sides.

Anyway, I am looking forward to today's match, and I can only see it ending in disappointment for the Warriors. If this football team has taught me anything, it's to never get your hopes up.

Archived