Stirling Albion -vs- Stenhousemuir (The New Friendship Derby)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really don't see either side playing for a draw, too much at stake if they fall behind, more so Stenny. I would imagine it will start off very nervy and possibly a few errors early one that someone could capitalise on. Really don't see us putting 6 past Berwick . To be honest a Stirling win is the only realistic chance we have of making the playoffs but as someone once said " it's a funny old game."

I'd say we've been overdue a win for almost 2 months. But does a team that lets Blair Henderson score a hatrick against them really deserve a win?
No and that's why it is going to be a draw. Still can't get that game Vs Annan out of my memory.

3 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Really don't see either side playing for a draw, too much at stake if they fall behind, more so Stenny. I would imagine it will start off very nervy and possibly a few errors early one that someone could capitalise on. Really don't see us putting 6 past Berwick . To be honest a Stirling win is the only realistic chance we have of making the playoffs but as someone once said " it's a funny old game."

You might not need to score 6. If Stenny win, the more they win by, the less you need to score. Stenny are actually favourites at some bookies.

All depends how the games pan out if it's 1 0 for us at half-time and 0 0 at forthbank I'm sure both will do very little attacking second have and take their chances we won't bang in another 5

We just have to concentrate on beating Berwick first and fore most talk of 6 and 7 is a real tall order but you never know in football I think there will be a result either way at forthbank
Think team who scores first wins

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Another last day of the season bottle job at Forthbank incoming from The Mighty.

Prove me wrong.

This is a good point - I've been following the Warriors for 14 years now and I've been let down every time we've needed a result on the final day.

The law of averages says we will win this.

11 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

This is a good point - I've been following the Warriors for 14 years now and I've been let down every time we've needed a result on the final day.

The law of averages says we will win this.

Hang on, this is incorrect - on the final day of the 2010/11 season, we travelled to Peterhead and beat them 3-0 to guarantee our Second Division status.

But since then, yes, we haven't been very good on the last game.

8 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

You haven't seen our record against Albion Rovers...

We murdered them 1-1 at Cliftonhill in the last game. Still offended that we didn’t win. Hit the woodwork four times.

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

We murdered them 1-1 at Cliftonhill in the last game. Still offended that we didn’t win. Hit the woodwork four times.

Albion Rovers could have lost their last 1000 games and I still think they'd comfortably beat us. No other team has the same hex over us as they do.

Archived