Stirling Albion -vs- Stenhousemuir (The New Friendship Derby)

I, for one, cannot wait to visit our good friends at Stirling Albion on Saturday to watch two teams enjoy a leisurely kickabout in the sun. A glorious, incident-free 0-0 draw would be the very thing, thus ensuring both sides finish in the third and fourth play-off positions. As mentioned in a previous thread, a moment-by-moment recreation of the 1982 World Cup match between West Germany and Austria would be a wonderful sight to behold.

Clyde, meanwhile, will be leading Berwick 6-0 only to concede an injury-time own goal, ending their dreams of promotion.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clyde can still catch the both of us, although unlikely us. I would take a draw right now, but we have needed a point the last 2 games and lost both.

Hopefully a big support from both sides to watch a fantastic 0-0 draw.

15 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I, for one, cannot wait to visit our good friends at Stirling Albion on Saturday to watch two teams enjoy a leisurely kickabout in the sun. A glorious, incident-free 0-0 draw would be the very thing, thus ensuring both sides finish in the third and fourth play-off positions. As mentioned in a previous thread, a moment-by-moment recreation of the 1982 World Cup match between West Germany and Austria would be a wonderful sight to behold.

Clyde, meanwhile, will be leading Berwick 6-0 only to concede an injury-time own goal, ending their dreams of promotion.

Yes that would be a good day out for both teams, both getting to the playoffs and Clyde failing miserably at Broadwood, Happy Day :thumsup2

I suggest a keepie-uppy contest between Darren Smith and Harry Paton in the first half, then perhaps some 22-man gentle laps of the pitch in the second half while the balls remains untouched in the centre circle. That’s what I want to see. 

Be interesting to see the reaction if the teams if we score a couple of early goals [emoji6]
Tall order to score 6 against any team in this league Berwick won't want a hammering last game if the season.

29 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Be interesting to see the reaction if the teams if we score a couple of early goals emoji6.png
Tall order to score 6 against any team in this league Berwick won't want a hammering last game if the season.

If one team accidentally scores, the other should be allowed to dribble, straight from kick-off, into the opposition's half uncontested and apologetically pass the ball into the net.

As for Berwick Rangers, you never know - with nothing to play for, their players could have organised an end-of-season party for after the match and might have one eye on that instead. I don't think I've ever seen a team who have a night out to look forward to ever winning a game.

There is nothing friendly about a club which is so morally bankrupt and rotten to the core that its players continue playing with an opposition man down injured. Hopefully this toxic, snaky behaviour encourages Stirling to dish out a (once-)routine bodying.

I remember I once scoffed at a QPSAFalkirkFirm meltdown post following a Queen's Park play-off defeat to Stenny, where the very integrity of the club was called into question. I'm beginning to side with him. What example does it set to our young people to desperately try for goals while a fellow human being is - potentially seriously - injured? Are the Ladbrokes League 2 play-offs really so critical that all at Stenny must abandon their humanity to pursue them?

For shame, Stenhousemuir.

33 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

There is nothing friendly about a club which is so morally bankrupt and rotten to the core that its players continue playing with an opposition man down injured. Hopefully this toxic, snaky behaviour encourages Stirling to dish out a (once-)routine bodying.

I remember I once scoffed at a QPSAFalkirkFirm meltdown post following a Queen's Park play-off defeat to Stenny, where the very integrity of the club was called into question. I'm beginning to side with him. What example does it set to our young people to desperately try for goals while a fellow human being is - potentially seriously - injured? Are the Ladbrokes League 2 play-offs really so critical that all at Stenny must abandon their humanity to pursue them?

For shame, Stenhousemuir.

It is up to the referee to stop the game not the players.  After the way the Cowdenbeath players feined injury I would not put the ball out either.  Your lot are fine ones to talk about morality when you signed Goodwillie.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

These two poisonous gangs simply won't be able to pull a friendship derby off. There isn't enough loyalty, regality or respect there. Come back when you've exchanged Xmas gifts.

Plenty of hustle from Stenhousemuir, though; disgusting gamesmen that they are. Once again I'd like to thank you and your wonderful club for being robust enough to stand up to their cheating ways twice in the last week; we've seen other, "better", sides such as Annan bending over for them of late. Although, between a club with a support of around 800 and one with a support of 200, I know which one I would be wanting to keep in the league next season. Fishy business all round.

It is up to the referee to stop the game not the players.  After the way the Cowdenbeath players feined injury I would not put the ball out either.  Your lot are fine ones to talk about morality when you signed Goodwillie.

Ref can only stop it if it is a head injury.
Nasty stuff and hope they get what they deserve, a humping.

7 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Plenty of hustle from Stenhousemuir, though; disgusting gamesmen that they are. Once again I'd like to thank you and your wonderful club for being robust enough to stand up to their cheating ways twice in the last week; we've seen other, "better", sides such as Annan bending over for them of late. Although, between a club with a support of around 800 and one with a support of 200, I know which one I would be wanting to keep in the league next season. Fishy business all round.

Your alias is to do with Clyde, but your team is Cowden. Confusing

Love seeing all of the Clyde fans seething. If a Stenny player was down when Berwick scored, you would be applauding it.

Enjoy League 2 next season, we will see you then.

Lol cant wait to come on here on saturday night and read all the posts from the clyde fans after kevin mckinlay scores in the 90th to ruin Clyde's  day 

also i loved all of their tweets after berwick went 2- 0 up last night that ladies and gentlemen is why you dont speak to soon 

also got to agree with CEMSFC why is your name the bully wee but your team is cowden lol dosnt make any sense 

despite only neding the point big mick will have the boys up for it i reckon 3-1 the warriors 

2 minutes ago, Reecesfc said:

Lol cant wait to come on here on saturday night and read all the posts from the clyde fans after kevin mckinlay scores in the 90th to ruin Clyde's  day 

also i loved all of their tweets after berwick went 2- 0 up last night that ladies and gentlemen is why you dont speak to soon 

also got to agree with CEMSFC why is your name the bully wee but your team is cowden lol dosnt make any sense 

despite only neding the point big mick will have the boys up for it i reckon 3-1 the warriors 

This guy runs our Twitter. God help us.

2 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

I suggest a keepie-uppy contest between Darren Smith and Harry Paton in the first half, then perhaps some 22-man gentle laps of the pitch in the second half while the balls remains untouched in the centre circle. That’s what I want to see. 

The question i'm asking is who would win Smith or Paton it would be interesting to watch 

i'd say Paton could do 150 but Smith would fall short with 130

thoughts ?

Archived