Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

What's the issue here? Reassuring a child from an early age that their opinion matters?

Seems to be. Hard to tell from a 30 second snip from an interview but that appeared to be the quite reasonable message. 

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If unborn children can't be arsed to get out and vote on polling day, they don't deserve rights.

My taxes are paying for these lazy, feckless unborn children. They shouldn't be allowed to vote unless they're contributing to society.

What's the issue here? Reassuring a child from an early age that their opinion matters?

I think it’s blown out of proportion as she seems like a pretty irritating and dislikable woman but you don’t need to get consent from a baby/infant to change their nappies when they are rolling about in their own shit.

I think it’s blown out of proportion as she seems like a pretty irritating and dislikable woman but you don’t need to get consent from a baby/infant to change their nappies when they are rolling about in their own shit.

Obviously. But that’s not what she was saying.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Well done Ireland.

Saw the breakdown of the exit poll - the only demographic that actually voted no to the repeal of the Eight Amendment were the 65+ age group.

Who, it should be pointed out, are also the demographic least likely to be over-troubled by unwanted pregnancies.

23 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Saw the breakdown of the exit poll - the only demographic that actually voted no to the repeal of the Eight Amendment were the 65+ age group.

Who, it should be pointed out, are also the demographic least likely to be over-troubled by unwanted pregnancies.

Yeh yeh but are they interested in the Juniors?

Looking like a landslide for the yes vote.
Nice touch that the results are to be officially announced on Saturday afternoon, so everyone can go out, get shitfaced and have unprotected sex.

Appreciate that's the reason as I had posted the exit poll... But it's quite an emotive subject.. not sure well done is the right response. Just saying....

Well done is exactly the response. This isn't a vote to say everyone should have an abortion. It's giving women choice and removing the need for incredibly dangerous backstreet operations, illegal purchasing of medication online and preventing girls getting arrested at airports for the crime of trying to get to England to have a safe procedure. It's increasing safety and autonomy and reducing the strain on care settings for unplanned babies. It's stopping women having babies they don't want. It's lowering the chances of neglect of children. 

Damn right I'm saying well done. 

Up to you, but e.g. 80% of babies diagnosed with down syndrome at 20wks are aborted in England.. that figure is obviously much much much lower in Ireland as many woman wouldn't travel. I'm sure that figure will now rise.... Not something we should be celebrating imo. Anyways not here to get into argument. The Irish people have spoke.

14 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Up to you, but e.g. 80% of babies diagnosed with down syndrome at 20wks are aborted in England.. that figure is obviously much much much lower in Ireland as many woman wouldn't travel. I'm sure that figure will now rise.... Not something we should be celebrating imo. Anyways not here to get into argument. The Irish people have spoke.

The limit in Ireland will be 12 weeks unless there is a serious risk to the woman's health.