Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I'm not going to have sex with any of you.

You say that now but we all know what you’re like after a couple of drinks.

Of course after a couple of drinks I’m incapable.  :(

Truth be told I’m incapable before a couple of drinks.  :(:(

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You say that now but we all know what you’re like after a couple of drinks.

Of course after a couple of drinks I’m incapable.  :(

Truth be told I’m incapable before a couple of drinks.  :(:(

Probably an age thing - don't worry about it.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Probably an age thing - don't worry about it.

ICTJohnboy stating the fucking obvious.

I don’t worry about it - I am old; it’s a fact.

You shouldn’t worry about being a dick - you are a dick; it’s a fact.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

ICTJohnboy stating the fucking obvious.

I don’t worry about it - I am old; it’s a fact.

You shouldn’t worry about being a dick - you are a dick; it’s a fact.

Fortunately my dick's still operational - you tedious c**t.

There's only one opinion that truly matters in this debate; that of whoever's pregnant - if they want the kid they should go ahead and have it and if they don't, they shouldn't.

I imagine everyone who has an abortion makes their own accommodation with doing so, and very few who end up going through with it will do it lightly - my opinion, yours, and that of society in general shouldn't come into it.

At least some of the pro-life lobby seem to be a thinly-disguised front for some pretty distasteful religious fundamentalism which by playing the emotive card is taking advantage of the Dunning-Kruger effect and choosing to ignore expert advice which has undoubtedly been honestly given.

Experts...what do they know?

3 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

There's only one opinion that truly matters in this debate; that of whoever's pregnant - if they want the kid they should go ahead and have it and if they don't, they shouldn't.

I imagine everyone who has an abortion makes their own accommodation with doing so, and very few who end up going through with it will do it lightly - my opinion, yours, and that of society in general shouldn't come into it.

At least some of the pro-life lobby seem to be a thinly-disguised front for some pretty distasteful religious fundamentalism which by playing the emotive card is taking advantage of the Dunning-Kruger effect and choosing to ignore expert advice which has undoubtedly been honestly given.

Experts...what do they know?

But what about the thousands of men whose relationship suddenly breaks down irrevocably at week 23 of a pregnancy but who still desperately want to endlessly fight for custody over a child who has a 20% chance of living into adulthood without a severe disability?

Have you even thought about these people at all?

4 minutes ago, The OP said:

But what about the thousands of men whose relationship suddenly breaks down irrevocably at week 23 of a pregnancy but who still desperately want to endlessly fight for custody over a child who has a 20% chance of living into adulthood without a severe disability?

Have you even thought about these people at all?

If Ruth Davidson decides she doesn't want her baby, does the baby's other mother have any rights?

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

If Ruth Davidson decides she doesn't want her baby, does the baby's other mother have any rights?

I’m really here to interject flippant comments rather than to dispense accurate advice on the rights of a parent whose partner has decided to have an abortion after going through IVF and announcing their pregnancy on national news.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

I’m really here to interject flippant comments rather than to dispense accurate advice on the rights of a parent whose partner has decided to have an abortion after going through IVF and announcing their pregnancy on national news.

I'm surprised she's going to be the mum, at least she can eat for 2 with a clear conscience for a wee while.

This is about repealing article 8 of the constitution, it's not about abortion on demand. Repealing article 8 removes the constitutional right of the unborn and opens discussion on abortion under certain circumstances. Admittedly that is probably going to be when mother is in medical danger, when child has no chance of survival or rape victims who are less than 12 weeks pregnant. This is not abortion under any circumstance

20 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This is about repealing article 8 of the constitution, it's not about abortion on demand. Repealing article 8 removes the constitutional right of the unborn and opens discussion on abortion under certain circumstances. Admittedly that is probably going to be when mother is in medical danger, when child has no chance of survival or rape victims who are less than 12 weeks pregnant. This is not abortion under any circumstance

I had high hopes that my 'up to the age of 30' would be made law too. I've a hunch my daughter will get married in a couple of years, if I'm lucky she'd still make the cut and I could save a fortune. She doesn't have a will so I would probably inherit her stuff too. Win/win.

On 4/25/2018 at 22:37, Honest Saints Fan said:

Because its not a viable baby until 24 weeks gestation. 

Why is 'viable outside the womb' the important parameter? Left to its own devices, a baby would continue to grow in the womb. Its growth is a continuous process, there isn't a special step at week x, y, 24 whereby the baby would die without performing that special step.