Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

38 infants at 23 weeks, 4 died, 23 survived to discharge, 22 survived to 2 years of age, 11 had no moderate/severe disability.

60 infants at 24 weeks, 1 died, 40 survived to discharge, 36 survived to years of age, 23 had no moderate/severe disability.

None of those numbers would tell me to just give up on a 23 week old without a fight.

Bet 365 could cover this when there's not much football on.

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Stunned by the identities of the 'I'm not anti-abortion, but...' brigade on this thread. Stunned, I tell you. 

Just for clarification, not being a fan of abortion doesn't preclude me from being pro abortion in this debate.

6 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Really would. By your logic a guy should think of getting a girl pregnant prior to having sex but a girl shouldn't think about getting pregnant prior to sex. 

No, it really wouldn't. I'll give you two examples to try and get into your tiny mind. One, a woman who has been raped, two, a woman who's life is in danger if the pregnancy continued. 

No, it really wouldn't. I'll give you two examples to try and get into your tiny mind. One, a woman who has been raped, two, a woman who's life is in danger if the pregnancy continued. 

You didn’t say that at the start though you said he should have thought about the consequences of having sex before he did it. Would you say that to a woman who’s health wasn’t at risk and had fallen pregnant due to consensual intercourse yet wanted an abortion?

Just now, Rugster said:

Lolz. What have either of those got to do with a man being financially responsible for a "collection of cells" that he didn't want. Try and stick to he point

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

You didn’t say that at the start though you said he should have thought about the consequences of having sex before he did it. Would you say that to a woman who’s health wasn’t at risk and had fallen pregnant due to consensual intercourse yet wanted an abortion?

Yes, she should have thought about the consequences but it's still her body and she still has the right to choose. 

3 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Lolz. What have either of those got to do with a man being financially responsible for a "collection of cells" that he didn't want. Try and stick to he point

You're the one that said the argument could be used against abortion, I've shown you why it can't. Sorry if you're too stupid to understand that. 

Edited by Rugster

Any woman who is pregnant may be at risk at any time of her pregnancy, doesn’t mean she isn’t responsible for getting pregnant. Your comment about how the man should have thought before he had sex if he didn’t want to end up in a position where the woman was pregnant and wanting an abortion is fair enough but it applies to the woman as well. By the sounds of it you wouldn’t tell a woman she should have thought about the consequence of having sex before she ended up with an unwanted pregnancy as you dodged the question.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Any woman who is pregnant may be at risk at any time of her pregnancy, doesn’t mean she isn’t responsible for getting pregnant. Your comment about how the man should have thought before he had sex if he didn’t want to end up in a position where the woman was pregnant and wanting an abortion is fair enough but it applies to the woman as well. By the sounds of it you wouldn’t tell a woman she should have thought about the consequence of having sex before she ended up with an unwanted pregnancy as you dodged the question.

No, I would tell the woman that, as I said, but I still respect her right to choose.  To be fair I misread your post at first and edited my response. 

Edited by Rugster

35 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Quite right. You are by some distance the most sane person on the Morton thread. 

Is that a pat on the back with the left and a big looping right on the temple.

17 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

I agree it's the woman's choice but.....

You've had a bit of my jizz inside you therefore I should be financially responsible for a child you've chosen to have against my wishes.

Just to play the other side of this.

7 hours ago, Rugster said:

Should have thought of that before having sex then. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Ever think of being consistent. pretty big jump you've made there ; Im pretty sure rapists don't think of the financial aspects of looking after the child.

On the two examples you give,  100%  I think you are correct but it wasn't what I was talking about.

Just now, whiskychimp said:

Ever think of being consistent. pretty big jump you've made there ; Im pretty sure rapists don't think of the financial aspects of looking after the child.

On the two examples you give,  100%  I think you are correct but it wasn't what I was talking about.

Oh, ok. It could be used as an argument against abortion, but not really? And you talk about consistency?

Just now, whiskychimp said:

At last you're accepting you changed the parameters. Nice to see some humility from such a huge mind.

I'll just leave you to it now, you've proven on here in the past you're a moron so batter on.