Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

If a birth takes places before 24 weeks and the baby dies it is classed as a miscarriage. You are not entitled to maternity leave. It's extremely unlikely doctors would medically intervene in a birth before 24 weeks. It's not absolute twaddle. It's a fact. Your pregnancy is not classed as viable until you hit 24 weeks.

Not being classed as viable and "it's not a viable baby until 24 weeks gestation" ain't the same thing.

If I was awaiting a new arrival at 23 weeks I would be less than impressed when they done nowt even although in one study 22/38 kids survived to 2 years old and 11 of those survived free of moderate to severe disability.

Edited by ayrmad

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

No I'm not, there are children who've survived long before 24 weeks therefore "not viable before 24 weeks" is absolute twaddle. 

I do so love when old men turn up to school me on medicine and health care, especially when it's an old man trying to tell me about a women's health issue. 

3 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I do so love when old men turn up to school me on medicine and health care, especially when it's an old man trying to tell me about a women's health issue. 

You're a qualified nurse not a world authority on health issues, I can read the same literature as you.

58% of 23 week gestation reach 2 years old, 60% of 24 week gestation reach 2 years old, those results don't suggest that the survival rate falls off a cliff before 24 weeks.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You're a qualified nurse not a world authority on health issues, I can read the same literature as you.

58% of 23 week gestation reach 2 years old, 60% of 24 week gestation reach 2 years old, those results don't suggest that the survival rate falls off a cliff before 24 weeks.

Wow. You looked up your own statistics this time instead of taking your own personal opinion based on one experience and applying it to everyone. 

You're still talking out your arse but I give you points for effort. 

6 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Wow. You looked up your own statistics this time instead of taking your own personal opinion based on one experience and applying it to everyone. 

You're still talking out your arse but I give you points for effort. 

Obviously my arse makes it's mind up using better data than yourself.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant belive this is happening again....

It seems like just yesterday the Ayrmad was the authority on end of life care, now he is fully clued on when life starts....

If he could also cover the bit in the middle....... Scenes.

You don't need to be fully clued up, you just need to look at countries that are not the UK.

I don't know a single parent who'd just sit back and accept that their child is not viable as it only has a 58% chance of reaching 2 years old.

Too many in this country still doff their cap to the medical establishment instead of seriously questioning what's happening in their name.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You don't need to be fully clued up, you just need to look at countries that are not the UK.

I don't know a single parent who'd just sit back and accept that their child is not viable as it only has a 58% chance of reaching 2 years old.

Too many in this country still doff their cap to the medical establishment instead of seriously questioning what's happening in their name.

^^^^Currently idling in the Alder Hey Hospital taxi rank.

1 minute ago, jupe1407 said:

Ayrmad having an episode again. He's spilling dot-based fail all over the Morton thread as well emoji38.png

I'm doing fine on the Morton thread.