Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Presumably we can all agree that abortion should be legal in situations such as the mother's health is at significant risk, or the baby has very little chance of being viable, or the pregnancy was the result of rape, etc.

Outside of those situations is where it gets difficult. If the father is intending to be a stable long-term provider and positive influence in the potential child's life, I think it's only fair he gets some sort of say in the decision.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

At 12 weeks scams the babies head (including the brain) and body are clearly visibility as well as the heartbeat. By 20 weeks all internal organs are visible, you can count the toes and fingers and can tell if it’s a boy a girl. To me and to a lot of people that is more than a “collection of cells” as you have put it. That’s where the problem lies in the debate.

No, Thobbers that;s not the  problem.  The problem is why? This abortion is requested, reasons me nor you can't discuss on a individual basis , we have no right, this is between the doctor and the mother of said "child", a decision that is never taken lightly. 

3 hours ago, throbber said:

The moral dilemma is whether or not the woman has the right to kill the unborn baby inside her or not. It’s not just about the woman’s body when there is a child involved in the situation.

"You've had a bit of my jizz inside you therefore I demand equal rights on what you should or shouldn't do with your body/life/future". That's a very Game of Thrones-esque attitude to the womenfolk throbbs. 

It is possible to argue very compelling cases for and against either side, but the debate is sullied by there being total fuckwits and nutjobs on both sides. There are many variables involved and it's not simply a case of being anti-this or pro-that.

For what it's worth I personally don't care what other people do to themselves or their foetus because it is none of my business, and I wonder how empty people's lives must be to get so worked up about such an issue.

I think the best scenario is for abortion to be legalised, and if you don't agree with abortion then simply don't get one. 

At the moment women are travelling to the UK for abortions from Ireland anyway. In many cases alone causing even more distress. It seems unfair to me. 
I would like to see abortion legalised.

The opponents of this should detail exactly what they expect should happen to women who have an abortion.

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

"You've had a bit of my jizz inside you therefore I demand equal rights on what you should or shouldn't do with your body/life/future". That's a very Game of Thrones-esque attitude to the womenfolk throbbs. 

Throbber shouldn't even enjoy rights over his crusty socks imo.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

It is possible to argue very compelling cases for and against either side, but the debate is sullied by there being total fuckwits and nutjobs on both sides. There are many variables involved and it's not simply a case of being anti-this or pro-that.

Image result for dril good things bad things