The Champions vs Albion Rovers

I just have the feeling there's another twist to come at least, any time either of us have accepted that we're finishing in the play-offs or winning the league it hasn't ended up that way.

Could honestly make a fucking documentary about this title race, would probably get a BAFTA for the fans reaction in the highlights on Sunday.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just have the feeling there's another twist to come at least, any time either of us have accepted that we're finishing in the play-offs or winning the league it hasn't ended up that way.
Could honestly make a fucking documentary about this title race, would probably get a BAFTA for the fans reaction in the highlights on Sunday.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was a sting in the tail yet.

If this title race was in the EPL it would be being hailed as one of the most exciting for many a year.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a sting in the tail yet.

If this title race was in the EPL it would be being hailed as one of the most exciting for many a year.

Agreed

This beats multi billion pound companies seeing who can out buy each other every day of the week.

I'll be fine for the playoffs but there's a part of me that thinks we don't deserve the title. I know that sounds weird but even if raith do f**k up there's a part of me that'll think it's (for want of a better word) tainted.

A bit like a spoiled child getting a prize because they were greeting when they didn't win.

Pretty much how I feel as well. We had our chance to win the league on our own terms but now if we do somehow manage to come away with the title it won't be as sweet because it was down to someone else messing up.

18 minutes ago, ShortSideCity said:

Pretty much how I feel as well. We had our chance to win the league on our own terms but now if we do somehow manage to come away with the title it won't be as sweet because it was down to someone else messing up.

Nope. can't say I agree with this. Knowing how shite I've felt since Sunday I will be ecstatic come Saturday if we somehow manage to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Whatever team wins the league will have fully deserved it as they will have accumulated more points than everyone else.

42 minutes ago, ShortSideCity said:

I'll not fucking care how we've won it if we do.

After watching the 2nd half against Stranraer, I've just been thinking, this team will get absolutely ragdolled up and down in the Championship.

How many fans do Albion Rovers reckon they'll bring down considering they're fighting to stay in the league.

Jesus nobody at the game will actually be watching the match but instead glued to their phones checking other scores.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Jesus nobody at the game will actually be watching the match but instead glued to their phones checking other scores.

That won’t last long. Trust me. Raith will be comfortable by the half hour mark. 

How many fans do Albion Rovers reckon they'll bring down considering they're fighting to stay in the league.

Haha actually might go to raith game as that's pretty much all I will be doing is checking what they are at.

After watching the 2nd half against Stranraer, I've just been thinking, this team will get absolutely ragdolled up and down in the Championship.

Not sure the relevance of us dominating possession in a second half against Stranraer with ten men, to to us playing in the championship with a different side.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Not sure the relevance of us dominating possession in a second half against Stranraer with ten men, to to us playing in the championship with a different side.

I never saw it as us dominating possession and we'll have enough of that team still here next season.

Went from thinking at half time that we'll still win with 10 men to we'll get a draw at the most within 5 minutes of the 2nd half starting, that's when I realised we'll need favours from others not Sunday.

33 minutes ago, rb123! said:

They might just make double figures judging by the crowd the brought to the all to play for Derby game

20 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

I admire your positivity but I think most Ayr fans, including myself, aren’t as optimistic and are pretty fed up of this season now.

Let’s get Saturday out the way and focus on these play offs.

When does Shankland finish his suspension? Is he back for Saturday?

When does Shankland finish his suspension? Is he back for Saturday?

Nope

Back for the first playoff game. Which means Moore will play and I wouldn’t imagine he’ll be particularly high on confidence. Hope he gets a good reception though.

Hopefully everyone has gotten around Moore and he's feeling pumped for the last game, whatever the outcome. He's a young man who's been through it with his concussion injury and those that came before that; I'm sure last Sunday won't be the last moment of heartbreak in his career, but I'm sure he won't be letting it define it either.

I'll just be glad when this is all over. It's been exhausting watching it unfold from afar let alone following the team up and down the country.
Whoever finishes top on Saturday, there's no doubt that this season has had everything for both team's fans.

Archived