The Champions vs Albion Rovers

If we take an early lead it could put us top and Raith fans would get agitated if they're not playing well.

Still all very much to play for but we need to come flying out like we did at the start of the second half on Sunday to get the fans going.

We need Raith going in at HT in second place to worry them

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nae chance raith will f**k it up ...we had our chance play offs for us .gutted
It's highly unlikely but they have fucked up all season along with us. No getting my hopes up though, just going to let the day play out without expectation.

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If we take an early lead it could put us top and Raith fans would get agitated if they're not playing well.

Still all very much to play for but we need to come flying out like we did at the start of the second half on Sunday to get the fans going.

I've watched a full season waiting for them to do that, it rarely happened.

Any Ayr fan that can make it surely will. As has been mentioned, why risk missing out on a minor miracle.

Imagine the scenes if it happened. I’m 99% sure it won’t but it entirely depends on which Alloa side turn up. On paper I don’t particularly think they are any worse than Raith.

Nope, not buying into this at all. I think both sets of fans will have an up and down 90 minutes. Can't see us romping to victory and/or getting an early lead and I can actually see it being one of those scenarios where we're going into half time 0-0 knowing Ayr are winning which will certainly create a bit of an iffy atmosphere at our end. 

That’s genuinely the way I see it. It’ll be 2-0 at half time. Anti climax. Well it would be if anyone actually thought there was a chance.

My disappointment is nearly gone now - I don’t know what the f**k is wrong with me but I have a tiny tiny bit of hope. Cue a last minute Albion Rovers equaliser as Alloa take a point against Raith just to ensure we all get that sickening feeling again.

It's all going to be fine! Here's my reasoning!

In my lifetime Ayr have won two league titles, in both instances I have been present when they were clinched. Now I haven't been able to make it to a game since we beat Queens Park due to work, but I'm off on Saturday!!! It's written in the stars.:thumsup2

#clutching 

24 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

In my lifetime Ayr have won two league titles, in both instances I have been present when they were clinched. Now I haven't been able to make it to a game since we beat Queens Park due to work, but I'm off on Saturday!!! It's written in the stars.:thumsup2

#clutching 

If this comes true then make yourself known, I think there will be a few Ayr fans wanting to buy you a pint.

27 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

#clutching 

We can't even gloryhunt properly.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I thought there'd be more time, at least a week if we end up in them, might get some injuries back and build some confidence. That's brutal.

Yep another fucking trip to Gayfield, and a midweek one at that. Brutal indeed. 

2 minutes ago, Number1IsJamieAdams said:

Who plays at home first in the final of the play-offs?

The lower ranked of the two teams so if Its Alloa/Arbroath then them and if it's Dumbarton it would be us.

Archived