The Champions vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

He's got the pic of it on his Facebook page. I think he thinks it's some kind of compliment.

Did we win?

1 minute ago, Vodka Vic said:

Tweeked his hammy on saturday so I would say doubtful at the moment

Thought we were still talking about Willie Hetherington there.

I’ll head down from Edinburgh for this. If anything it keeps me having to go shopping with the missus and it the unthinkable happened then I’d kick myself.

I was utterly despondent Sunday and most of yesterday, and I’m trying to stop building my hopes but I can’t help but think that neither Ayr nor Raith have been able to handle pressure - we were doing fine but bottled it when the chance to close the title came up. Raith shat the bed when they were comfortably in front too...I would think they’ll have learned the lesson but if they are still level at half time on Saturday and we were ahead...well that could be interesting.

I travel in hope but not expectation.

Raith will comfortably win 2-0 against an Alloa side who have made several changes with a play off semi final just 3 days later.
I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t be so sure we will even beat Albion anyway.

I thought the play offs were Wednesday?

Still devastated about Sunday and really struggling to get myself up for this game. Can't see Raith dropping points to an Alloa side who will rest players for the playoffs and even if by some miracle they do take something there is no guarantee that we'll beat Albion Rovers.  

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Still devastated about Sunday and really struggling to get myself up for this game. Can't see Raith dropping points to an Alloa side who will rest players for the playoffs and even if by some miracle they do take something there is no guarantee that we'll beat Albion Rovers.  

I think I would feel worse if we drew or lost to Albion Rovers while Raith dropped points to Alloa.

This game is a depressing thought but I would never forgive myself if somehow we still won the league and I wasn't there. I think most will come round to that way of thinking too. 

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

This game is a depressing thought but I would never forgive myself if somehow we still won the league and I wasn't there. I think most will come round to that way of thinking too. 

This is the way I am looking at it also. We just need to ensure we get the win and then wait and see what happens at Starks Park.

It really is a shite state of affairs to be in.

The pain I’ve felt the last couple of days, it’s quite hard to register that there’s still a game left. It’s like full mourning but you still have more to go through. Like the other 35, I will be there but I just want it over and done with now if I’m honest. 

Gives a few days to try and lift spirits and gain focus for the play offs. Again, I feel our mounting injuries have came at a horrible time and we needed to stumble over the line which we haven’t. Have we got enough to go through another 4 games and come out on top? I’m not so sure but my god I hope so because another season in League One, after how good a season that was and after being, for the vast majority, the best team in the league.... well it depresses the f**k out of me. :(

If we take an early lead it could put us top and Raith fans would get agitated if they're not playing well.

Still all very much to play for but we need to come flying out like we did at the start of the second half on Sunday to get the fans going.

Archived