Championship Goal Of The Season

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

^^^^

Either suffers from medium term memory loss or wasn't there when Dobbie ran past half your team and curled the ball into the top corner from outside the box at the end of August. ;)

Think there was a few combinations of clapping a cracking goal and "BOOOOOOO" if I remember correctly.

^^^^
Either suffers from medium term memory loss or wasn't there when Dobbie ran past half your team and curled the ball into the top corner from outside the box at the end of August. [emoji6]

Knew there would’ve been one I missed out. I was there, I’d just made a good attempt at blocking out the first half of our season so thank you for reminding me.

Can’t remember it so doesn’t count :lol:

16 hours ago, coo shedder said:

Dobbie's got a couple of contenders but young Connor Murray's strike on Saturday against the Arabs is my goal of the season by a distance.

We've had a lot of crackers this season to be fair. Connor's would be up there. Dobbie at Falkirk early season (as linked above). Dobbie at Montrose too. Andy Stirling at Livingston. Joe Thomson at Dundee United.

But for me, for a really good team goal with some tremendous football, Chris Kane's first at Dunfermline in the 5-2 game.

Best opposition goal by a mile Quitongo for Morton. I don't care what Monkey Tennis says, nobody was getting near that.

Quitongo's cross against us rnded up being a good goal right enough...

Murray's on Saturday would be up there. Dykes got goal of the season on Saturday from one of the supporters groups. For the life of me I can't remember him scoring a belter. I assume it was the well worked goal he finished off?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dykes got goal of the season on Saturday from one of the supporters groups. For the life of me I can't remember him scoring a belter. I assume it was the well worked goal he finished off?

I did wonder when I heard that which goal it was for. I didn't see the actual awards on Saturday so don't know if it was said which one it was for. He's scored 6 goals for us this season:

05/08/17 Home to Brechin
07/10/17 Away to Montrose
28/10/17 Home to Falkirk
24/03/18 Home to Livingston
14/04/18 Away to Morton
21/04/18 Home to Dundee United

He received the award before scoring the 6th so we can ignore that one, and presumably the votes were in before the Morton one too. I suspect it's the Livingston one which was a really nice passing move and a sweeping cross from Thomas. The Falkirk one deflected over the keeper from a tight angle. The Montrose one was a nice finish rounding the keeper but hardly goal of the season and there was almost nobody there. I can't really remember the Brechin one?

On 24/04/2018 at 13:25, Skyline Drifter said:

We've had a lot of crackers this season to be fair. Connor's would be up there. Dobbie at Falkirk early season (as linked above). Dobbie at Montrose too. Andy Stirling at Livingston. Joe Thomson at Dundee United.

But for me, for a really good team goal with some tremendous football, Chris Kane's first at Dunfermline in the 5-2 game.

Best opposition goal by a mile Quitongo for Morton. I don't care what Monkey Tennis says, nobody was getting near that.

Kane for me too....a thing of beauty.Top quality football.Where was it for the vast majority of the season?

Archived