St Johnstone vs Partick Thistle 28/04/2018

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They didn't do a preview to the Dundee match on the official site last Saturday and the Twitter person wasn't at the match, just adapting Dundee's tweets as live coverage of the game.  I'd hazard at a guess at there being no TV coverage this week.

[emoji1]
I was there and tweeted the game as I saw it.
There is no Twitter person but 5 of us who do it.

3 hours ago, realmadrid said:

emoji1.png
I was there and tweeted the game as I saw it.
There is no Twitter person but 5 of us who do it.

Why tweet about not being in Dundee?  I've said in the past there's obviously a few doing it as one is excellent and the others aren't. 

11 minutes ago, 7-2 said:
  Why tweet about not being in Dundee?  I've said in the past there's obviously a few doing it as one is excellent and the others aren't. 

Screenshot_20180425-172212.jpg

Ah that's meant to indicate that Twitter would be the main focus of live updates during the game for those not there. You would be amazed how many ask why there are no live Facebook updates etc. (With the current updates they take days to show up on people's time lines anyway)

3 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I was not aware someone had.

Do you prefer home or away coverage?

A genuine answer is neither. I only dip in occasionally now as it was so bad it was basically a waste of time. Unofficial twitter consistently first with team news and the teams, different styles of giving info, long periods with no updates despite other outlets giving them and last to announce goals after Courier, opposition club's twitter and SSN are some reasons. Can't remember if the good reports were home or away. 

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

A genuine answer is neither. I only dip in occasionally now as it was so bad it was basically a waste of time. Unofficial twitter consistently first with team news and the teams, different styles of giving info, long periods with no updates despite other outlets giving them and last to announce goals after Courier, opposition club's twitter and SSN are some reasons. Can't remember if the good reports were home or away. 

I've sat beside a guy doing the Saints  Twitter and every talking point was explained as soon as it happened. If the games shite there's not much can be said really. It is what it is and until the whole media/PR department is created/overhauled then you just have to get used to it. Either that or volunteer.

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I've sat beside a guy doing the Saints  Twitter and every talking point was explained as soon as it happened. If the games shite there's not much can be said really. It is what it is and until the whole media/PR department is created/overhauled then you just have to get used to it. Either that or volunteer.

Others covering games manage it. I did get used to it so generally stopped using it as it was crap. If I was in a position to volunteer I wouldn't need to be using social media for updates. 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

:lol:

I sat next to him once. I couldn't give a f**k about the Twitter updates tbh. You carry on though

Once.  That's good input. I'll pass on carrying on but thanks for allowing me to anyway. Much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

f**k it I might go on Saturday.. Erskine to score and jags to win 2-0 , n wee tom Tom to fall out his wee treehouse.

I think I'll just stay in the pub, need a right good all day session and the extra 20 odd quid can get me an extra 4 or 5 pints.

Two things:

Whilst I’m not wanting to necessarily criticise the official twitter feed as it may not be their fault *, the slowness of getting team lines out pre match is shocking.

Thistles record is outstanding in Perth. I’d settle for a draw to mathematically (I assume) make us safe.

* it almost definitely is their fault

15 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Screenshot_20180425-172212.jpg

Ah that's meant to indicate that Twitter would be the main focus of live updates during the game for those not there. You would be amazed how many ask why there are no live Facebook updates etc. (With the current updates they take days to show up on people's time lines anyway)

So should that have read "Not in Dundee? Live updates this afternoon on twitter from Dens Park." ?

Never used twitter personally so couldn't comment on the service either way.

Can't make this one, which is good news for thistle given the only game at Perth I've seen us win in this good run was the Scottish cup game last year. 

I'd keep lawless in given his good record here and bring Storey in for Spittal after the game in October. Rest of the team same as last week. 

Archived