Falkirk vs Champions | Farewell Alex Smith

Always enjoy my visits to Falkirk. As an aside, we only ever talk about the game, never the playing surface. The FFC surface never really gets in the way of the game itself. Is there any reason why the surface there is decent, but Accies and Killie are a pile of shite....

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Good opportunity for the players on both sides to earn themselves a few quid. 5-5 at 500/1 perhaps? Obviously, as a Dunfermline fan, I wouldn't condone any sort of skullduggery. 

Very harsh to hear Hartley described as a rodent. 

Morton thread for this

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Always enjoy my visits to Falkirk. As an aside, we only ever talk about the game, never the playing surface. The FFC surface never really gets in the way of the game itself. Is there any reason why the surface there is decent, but Accies and Killie are a pile of shite....

I watched Killie game on Sportscene and it had an awful bounce on it and when played on the deck had that feel of a bumpy pitch. I think ours has quite a natural bounce of that of s grass pitch and has a natural path when played on deck, I think its to do with ours having longer artificial strands of grass and perhaps the foundations its laid on.

My biggest fear is that if or when go to relay the pitch, we end up with one worse than we have as I've yet to see one as good as ours.

Ps I didn't want artificial in first place but no complaints in it from me, I'm sure if I was a Queens, Killie or Hamilton fan, I'd not be as happy with the surface

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

VastMixedIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricte

Falkirk can't finish anywhere other than 8th. St Mirren can't finish anywhere other than 1st, rendering this game as the deadest of dead rubbers.

Still, sporting integrity must be upheld and the fixture list must be fulfilled. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of changes to the Saints team, just as we did last Tuesday. Morgan can still finish as the top scorer in the league, but I suspect he might not get on the park, having had his big ovation on Saturday.

I'd tip a Falkirk win, but I suspect Hartley might be trying a few fringe players as well.

Gentlemen's 0-0, then.

This game May be meaningless and both teams have reasons to play the players fans forgot were stealing wages but I will console myself that we aren't pish enough to lose 10 goals in a game against a side from the same league.

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

This game May be meaningless and both teams have reasons to play the players fans forgot were stealing wages but I will console myself that we aren't pish enough to lose 10 goals in a game against a side from the same league.

Erm, we really don’t have anyone this season who any right-minded St Mirren fan would deem a wage thief. If Falkirk do, you’ll know better than me, but keep us out of it.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I might be being a bit simplistic here, but I think it's because we genuinely got a state-of-the-art, best in the world pitch.

I could not possibly comment on the other teams' parks.

It is a different make up and manufacturer to those at Hamilton, Killie and QOS.

Having said that I think it is starting to show its age. Not as good as when it first went in when Holt was the manager.

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I didn't know this about Alex Smith. He was a poor manager at United but a lovely guy and well respected in the game. R.I.P

Not sure if serious... He's leaving the Scottish game and moving to Australia.

57 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Anyone heard whether we’ll give an inaugural outing to next season’s strip on Saturday? 

The CEO stated they'll go on sale in June. In recent years they've often been available at the end of the season, so if they won't be sold for at least another month then it's reasonable to assume that Puma are delivering them later this year. 

That would explain why there was no unveiling at the Gala Awards last night. So I would say it's a safe bet that we'll be playing in the old strip this weekend. 

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The CEO stated they'll go on sale in June. In recent years they've often been available at the end of the season, so if they won't be sold for at least another month then it's reasonable to assume that Puma are delivering them later this year. 

That would explain why there was no unveiling at the Gala Awards last night. So I would say it's a safe bet that we'll be playing in the old strip this weekend. 

Good.

New strips are for the new season.

(Selling them to punters before the summer is fine though).

With a huge turnover of players coming I think it is sensible to hold off and have the strips modelled by new signings. Certainly that is what I would do if I wanted the biggest impact

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

With a huge turnover of players coming I think it is sensible to hold off and have the strips modelled by new signings. Certainly that is what I would do if I wanted the biggest impact

That's a fair point, but you could lose a month and a half of sales while waiting for new players to arrive. With an experienced retail professional now heavily involved in the club shop I'm not sure we'd go down that route. 

Particularly when you consider that many of the new clothing lines are being advertised as a graphic, if you know what I mean; i.e. they're not being worn by models. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's a fair point, but you could lose a month and a half of sales while waiting for new players to arrive. With an experienced retail professional now heavily involved in the club shop I'm not sure we'd go down that route. 

Particularly when you consider that many of the new clothing lines are being advertised as a graphic, if you know what I mean; i.e. they're not being worn by models. 

4 month probably as I think we will still be signing players right up till end of August, we will obviously have main targets who will be in early.

We dont have a great record wearing a new strip afore its available also

Archived