Falkirk vs Champions | Farewell Alex Smith

VastMixedIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricte

Falkirk can't finish anywhere other than 8th. St Mirren can't finish anywhere other than 1st, rendering this game as the deadest of dead rubbers.

Still, sporting integrity must be upheld and the fixture list must be fulfilled. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of changes to the Saints team, just as we did last Tuesday. Morgan can still finish as the top scorer in the league, but I suspect he might not get on the park, having had his big ovation on Saturday.

I'd tip a Falkirk win, but I suspect Hartley might be trying a few fringe players as well.

Gentlemen's 0-0, then.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VastMixedIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

Falkirk can't finish anywhere other than 8th. St Mirren can't finish anywhere other than 1st, rendering this game as the deadest of dead rubbers.
Still, sporting integrity must be upheld and the fixture list must be fulfilled. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of changes to the Saints team, just as we did last Tuesday. Morgan can still finish as the top scorer in the league, but I suspect he might not get on the park, having had his big ovation on Saturday.
I'd tip a Falkirk win, but I suspect Hartley might be trying a few fringe players as well.
Gentlemen's 0-0, then.

Rather a gentleman’s 3-3. Let’s go out with a few goals.

We have an embarrassing goal difference to sort out. 5-0 Bairns.
was looking at that yesterday whatever happens looks like we will end the season with a negative goal difference and having lost more games than we've won.

at least the second half of the season has been better.

I'm going to this game and no idea what to expect score wise shame there's nothing for us to play for not even prize money. only thing might be one or two players ate still undecided in Hartleys mind 're contracts so they may need to try

I'll be making my decision on attending based on the number, and over exuberance levels, of the St Mirren fans in the town prior to the game.   I'd rather sit in the pub than sit and listen to them celebrating for 90 mins. 

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Maybe us Saints could help u out

How many goals do we need to get against you to get that wee rodent of a manager of yours sacked?

Get Jim McIntyre and you will win league next year

Hiya Mrs McIntyre, hiya pal

How many goals do we need to get against you to get that wee rodent of a manager of yours sacked?
Maybe u (you) could just quietly exit the thread with no more of these unsavoury outbursts?

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

VastMixedIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricte

Gentlemen's 0-0, then.

Amazing how two games can change a mood...... I had visions of a decent amount of apathy on the final game at the final whistle.

I briefly forgot the fickle world of football fans and the phrase of you are only as good as your last game is suited to football.

on the fickleness of it all, if we win well, we will have won the league next season even if St Mirren play 2nd or 3rd string 11

Ill be greedy tho.....lets recreate last weekends Hull game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43762314

Good opportunity for the players on both sides to earn themselves a few quid. 5-5 at 500/1 perhaps? Obviously, as a Dunfermline fan, I wouldn't condone any sort of skullduggery. 

Very harsh to hear Hartley described as a rodent. 

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
48 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Maybe u (you) could just quietly exit the thread with no more of these unsavoury outbursts?

Yeah guess you're right as we are in the Premiership thread now...... enjoy your wee hamster:P:P:P

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Damn right... we’re not happy about it at all.

A33B6D11-E487-441E-A819-F8D04228558F.jpeg

JS132777084.jpg

Maybe there is a wee bit of well-fed hamster about him. Looks alright with a few extra pies under his belt. Looked a bit gaunt in his modelling days for some shop/designer in Glasgow.

5 minutes ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

Saints will always appreciate Alex......

GL886616.jpg

Remains the best day of my St Mirren supporting life. The reason being, I was at all of the losing 1980s semi finals and replays. Pelted with coins by Sevco scum at the Hampden replay... the first game at Celtic Park was unsegregated, possibly the most unsavoury experience of my life. Sevco scum openly urinating in the Jungle, playing flutes, daubing anti-Catholic grafitti on walls, generally being the cnuts we know they are.... then there was the ‘ball through Billy’s legs’ replay loss at Dens to Aberdeen. The Celtic semi defeat was a kick in the haw-maws. I thought we were destined to be kicked in the stones forever.

Then we won it that day.

Archived