Falkirk vs Champions | Farewell Alex Smith

St Mirren have been near atrocious in all 4 of our meetings with them, not entirely sure that there is that much quality in that squad.  A fair bit of luck and everyone else other than Livingston having a poor season is really the only reason you have won that title. Our last two games against them proved that they are nothing special like some of their fans think. 
We played EIGHT reserves in both games!
Watch you don't trip over that petted lip.
Look forward to playing you again sometime!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Still say ICT were the best team we played all season

A mention of Livvy also for me,might not be pretty but its effective when it comes together for them and on two of the games against us it did

The St Mirren team post January of previous season was a better team for me, only judging them on games I seen against Falkirk or live on TV in the last two seasons.

The league this season really has been who can get that one goal that wins the game, stating obvious but there hasn't been much pumpings apart from recently, all very tight between 8 out of 10 teams. St Mirren obviously consistent in getting those wins on board.

The fact we have finished 8th but beaten every team in the league this season(cup games for some) and been pish, suggests the standard has been meh

St Mirren have been near atrocious in all 4 of our meetings with them, not entirely sure that there is that much quality in that squad.  A fair bit of luck and everyone else other than Livingston having a poor season is really the only reason you have won that title. Our last two games against them proved that they are nothing special like some of their fans think. 
Last 2 games we've play our fringe players. We even had a midfielder playing center half yesterday for his first ever time. Also the players haven't been at training at all this week. We've been the best team in the championship for 16 months now. Deal with it

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can anyone clarify if the last 2 games between our sides has involved fringe players?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if Falkirk’s team selection featured fringe players, as I don’t know your  first choices, much less take an interest in your reserves, but the St Mirren line up at Paisley contained 8 changes from our usual line up, and Saturday’s game contained 6 changes, including a start in midfield for a kid who has trouble getting served in bars.

The first game took place immediately after we had won the title, the second game being the final end of season dead parrot game.

As I have said before though, all Falkirk can do is beat what’s in front of them, just as we have been doing all season in this ‘mediocre’ and ‘poor’ division.

Now, gie’s wur’ fcuking beachballs back.

4 hours ago, Hawk said:

Oh dear, sour grapes?

They've been good against us.

To be honest even ignoring the latest two games as end of season affairs they were no great shakes against us in the first two. Id like to think we were their  bogey team this year.

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can anyone clarify if the last 2 games between our sides has involved fringe players?

Thanks in advance.

I'd say we were playing our fringe players in the first two games too as they were pre january window.

34 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

To be honest even ignoring the latest two games as end of season affairs they were no great shakes against us in the first two. Id like to think we were their  bogey team this year.

First game we absolutely pumped you. That was when the chasm in quality between the two teams became so apparent. It was no surprise to see us sauntering to the title while you scrambled about at the bottom of the league after that.

13 minutes ago, GAD said:

First game we absolutely pumped you. That was when the chasm in quality between the two teams became so apparent. It was no surprise to see us sauntering to the title while you scrambled about at the bottom of the league after that.

You were all over the shop for most of the first half. A half decent falkirk side wouldve been 3 up in the first 20 mins. I certainly didnt leave that game thinking that saints were anything special . And where was the chasm in quality in the second game? A game that ended up in a draw which was a fair result as there was nothing in it between the two sides. That was back when we were dire and alex harris was starting. Saints have been far and away the best side this season but havent been anything special in any of the 4 games against us this season for some reason first 11 or not playing.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You were all over the shop for most of the first half. A half decent falkirk side wouldve been 3 up in the first 20 mins. I certainly didnt leave that game thinking that saints were anything special . And where was the chasm in quality in the second game? A game that ended up in a draw which was a fair result as there was nothing in it between the two sides. That was back when we were dire and alex harris was starting. Saints have been far away the best side this season but havent been anything special in any of the 4 games against us this season for some reason first 11 or not playing.

The chasm of quality is in the league table mate. We are on a different level to Falkirk, no matter how much that hurts. Worst thing for you is actually that you haven't really got much better, will be another tough season for Falkirk next year. This time last season we were the best team in the league, you are miles off that. 

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You were all over the shop for most of the first half. A half decent falkirk side wouldve been 3 up in the first 20 mins. I certainly didnt leave that game thinking that saints were anything special . And where was the chasm in quality in the second game? A game that ended up in a draw which was a fair result as there was nothing in it between the two sides. That was back when we were dire and alex harris was starting. Saints have been far and away the best side this season but havent been anything special in any of the 4 games against us this season for some reason first 11 or not playing.

Champions, or a Falkirk side celebrating a 91st minute winner against our reserves to finally end any fears of being in a relegation playoff.

We know what we are, we know what we are, back up as Champions, we know what we are.

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

The chasm of quality is in the league table mate. We are on a different level to Falkirk, no matter how much that hurts. Worst thing for you is actually that you haven't really got much better, will be another tough season for Falkirk next year. This time last season we were the best team in the league, you are miles off that. 

You guys cant handle any amount of criticism even of minimal amount. Im just being honest in saying that for some reason this season you havent played very well against us. You obviously played better against the other 8 sides though or you wouldnt have won the league. Do u guys think youve been excellent against us in the 4 games? A lot of sides can struggle against certain teams for no apparent reason. Even when you were the so called best side in the league last season you could only draw  2 each with us. As i said perhaps we're  your bogey team at the moment.

First game we won comfortably, second game was a draw and I dont think the other 2 games count in the grand scheme of things. For me, ICT are the best placed side for a title tilt next year. You guys will be lucky to make the play offs unless you get about 10 players in

6 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

First game we won comfortably, second game was a draw and I dont think the other 2 games count in the grand scheme of things. For me, ICT are the best placed side for a title tilt next year. You guys will be lucky to make the play offs unless you get about 10 players in

I reckon there will be a lot more than 10 coming in.  And  how would you know anyway as the last two fixtures between the sides have seen very makeshift teams put out.

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You guys cant handle any amount of criticism even of minimal amount. Im just being honest in saying that for some reason this season you havent played very well against us. You obviously played better against the other 8 sides though or you wouldnt have won the league. Do u guys think youve been excellent against us in the 4 games? A lot of sides can struggle against certain teams for no apparent reason. Even when you were the so called best side in the league last season you could only draw  2 each with us. As i said perhaps we're  your bogey team at the moment.

We smashed you in the first game, which was the last time Falkirk were relevant to be honest. After that you shitfested a draw with the "new manager bounce", which suited us fine and the last two games were friendlies where we played the reserves. For the rest of the season we've been on a different level to Falkirk. We are absolutely streets ahead, hence why we are the runaway champions of the division and you have suffered a spectacularly hilarious failure of a season.

Archived