Falkirk vs Champions | Farewell Alex Smith

Nothing shows how far we've fallen as a club quite like this bizarre hero worship today. He's been there for years and we've been shit. No crocodile tears for me, onwards and upwards with a forward thinking board and management team. 

Forward thinking Board?

It only has one new member the CEO the rest have been there ages and one 20 years. KK been there five years so he isn’t new either.

Hopefully however ML and CC are allowed to just make the calls (right or wrong) so we don’t have the procrastination of the past.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy was fantastic for our academy  and put a lot of work in there and did it all for hee haw.   I dont think we can really blame him for our first team being shit considering his record whilst in sole charge was pretty good.

He didn’t do it for her haw but he has put a lot of unseen work in the background.

Don’t think he can be blamed either for how shit we have been.

31 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Nothing shows how far we've fallen as a club quite like this bizarre hero worship today. He's been there for years and we've been shit. No crocodile tears for me, onwards and upwards with a forward thinking board and management team. 

What a fucking stupid comment. 

10 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

What a fucking stupid comment. 

Care to explain how rather than a five word reply? What positives have we got now versus when Smith came on board? How has he advanced the club? 

I'm fine with letting him leave without kicking him up the arse but a sycophantic Alex Smith day is ridiculous imo. 

Why is it so difficult to show a bit of respect to an old man who has served the game (not just Falkirk) well for many years ffs?
Alex Smith was not our manager during his period of tenure at the club. He’s hardly the chief instigator of our current problems.

41 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Care to explain how rather than a five word reply? What positives have we got now versus when Smith came on board? How has he advanced the club? 

I'm fine with letting him leave without kicking him up the arse but a sycophantic Alex Smith day is ridiculous imo. 

36 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why is it so difficult to show a bit of respect to an old man who has served the game (not just Falkirk) well for many years ffs?
Alex Smith was not our manager during his period of tenure at the club. He’s hardly the chief instigator of our current problems.

Pretty much this. No qualms what so ever with paying a bit of respect to a man that has been in the game for 60 years and with our club nearly 10. He has hardly been the chief architect and cause of our problems. Sibbald has been here during the same period as well, I take it he is to blame as well? If you don't like it don't clap, and don't join in with it. Instead of acting like a wee spoiled brat. 

Wherever Alex Smith had landed at this point in his career, that club would have done this, such is his standing in the Scottish game. Seems obvious to me.

Whether his Falkirk contribution is debatable or not, this was always happening and unsure why anyone has an issue with an old man getting a warm send off.

Aye, neither he was![emoji19]article-0-0572D5FA000005DC-408_468x481.jpg

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Pretty much this. No qualms what so ever with paying a bit of respect to a man that has been in the game for 60 years and with our club nearly 10. He has hardly been the chief architect and cause of our problems. Sibbald has been here during the same period as well, I take it he is to blame as well? If you don't like it don't clap, and don't join in with it. Instead of acting like a wee spoiled brat. 

I'll not be there today as I'm out of the country. I haven't said he's "to blame" or "the cause of our problems", I asked what has he done to advance the club? The response just seems to be "he's an old man". 

I'll not be there today as I'm out of the country. I haven't said he's "to blame" or "the cause of our problems", I asked what has he done to advance the club? The response just seems to be "he's an old man". 

No, the answer is he’s been a good long term servant to Falkirk and to Scottish football and deserves a bit of respect.
I also don’t understand the GTF attitude to the players today either from quite a few on here. The performance of the players since the turn of the year was probably good enough for us to be not too far off top of the table, and certainly in the play off positions.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

No the response was that he had a huge influence on our academy which raised well over a million pounds in inward transfer cash over the last few seasons. As far as i was aware he only got paid expenses for doing it.  Some people on here just seem to see him as an old man hanging about like a bad smell which couldnt be further from the truth. 

26 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

No, the answer is he’s been a good long term servant to Falkirk and to Scottish football and deserves a bit of respect.
I also don’t understand the GTF attitude to the players today either from quite a few on here. The performance of the players since the turn of the year was probably good enough for us to be not too far off top of the table, and certainly in the play off positions.

We have still been horrific at the turn of the year at times so I can see where folk are going with the GTF attitude. 

It wouldve been interesting hadnt we as expected not won our last two games and went into this game with 6 without a win, yer aunty had baws arguement tho

It will be the most look warm end of season game I have been at in my time

The can we take a draw post add on, can we please take a draw now please.....our 11 fills me with huge holes and the bench is like a black marker pen that has ran out.....

Bet 365 here I go 

Archived