1998 KOTR - HIAC

Dindeleux

Just been wasting some time in work watching the Undertaker VS Mankind match from King of the Ring 98 (nearly 20 years ago now!!).  At the end of the match JR says he will never forget what he's seen and I feel the same way.  I still have a feeling of disbelief seeing Foley going off the cell the first time.

Like now, I was in one of my wrestling haitus periods when it actually happened.  I didn't go back to WWF until about 2002 from around 1996 so I missed all the attitude era as it happened.  For those of you who watched it week by week at this point what was your reaction to seeing this match and has it ever been topped?   I appreciate people have done crazier stunts but, from a WWF/WWE point of view, that was the match that started it all.

Also worth mentioning that Bruce Prichard said on his podcast that Foley came through the curtain and apologised for forgetting to do the thumbtacks spot..........whilst he had tacks sticking out of him.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Just been wasting some time in work watching the Undertaker VS Mankind match from King of the Ring 98 (nearly 20 years ago now!!).  At the end of the match JR says he will never forget what he's seen and I feel the same way.  I still have a feeling of disbelief seeing Foley going off the cell the first time.

Like now, I was in one of my wrestling haitus periods when it actually happened.  I didn't go back to WWF until about 2002 from around 1996 so I missed all the attitude era as it happened.  For those of you who watched it week by week at this point what was your reaction to seeing this match and has it ever been topped?   I appreciate people have done crazier stunts but, from a WWF/WWE point of view, that was the match that started it all.

Sad c**t!  

Guest bernardblack

Was it this match that Foley said he had lied to Vince about having a test run being on the top of the cell? Basically said if he had, there was no danger they would've done the spots.

Archived