Raith V Alloa The championship decider

Two draws and a 2-1 win for Raith at Kirkcaldy early in the season would suggest this will be very close.

if Alloa do as they say they will and play a full strength side it will be close, but I fear the talk is cheap they will be resting quite a few for our game with them on the Wednesday.

I expect the big Raith support to carry there team over the line, all we had to do was two draws or win one of the last two games and the title was ours, really disappointed in Andy Geggan great player as he is but if he declared himself fit for the Alloa game then he cost us the game for me should have been taken out his hands by the physio, he's not been fit all season since he hurt himself up at Alloa early in the season kept being thrown back in and breaking down during games.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, pencils said:

Any idea if we'll get put in the corner again?

I was told tonight that on Saturday the away support will be housed in the North Stand as the club is expecting a big home support in the Main and South stands.

The away section of the Railway stand will not be used as it is apparently not fit for purpose.

It would've been good if we could've maybe allocated half of the North Stand to Rovers fans.

Imagine us shooting up that way in the 2nd half needing a goal to win the league and there's 50 Alloa fans there and nobody else.

44 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It would've been good if we could've maybe allocated half of the North Stand to Rovers fans.

Imagine us shooting up that way in the 2nd half needing a goal to win the league and there's 50 Alloa fans there and nobody else.

Exactly my thinking, seems like a no brainer!

Exactly my thinking, seems like a no brainer!

I dare say that there's nothing stopping fans actually sitting in that end as Rovers supporters. As long as there were no incidents between the groups of supporters then what's the difference between Raith fans standing beside Forfar fans or Albion Rovers fans at their grounds? There's also no direct segregation in the Main Stand. So if a group of fans decided to sit in the South Stand and behave then what would happen?

It may be due to the catering facilities not being up to snuff/staffing of same/stewarding etc.

I think it's also the water supply. Don't know if there's been running water in there since it was last used. So the catering and the toilets wouldn't be sufficient.

3 hours ago, Lochwood said:

if Alloa do as they say they will and play a full strength side it will be close, but I fear the talk is cheap they will be resting quite a few for our game with them on the Wednesday.

If Alloa rest players and lose, you won't be playing them on Wednesday. Alloa have to better Arbroath's result to finish 3rd.

It may be due to the catering facilities not being up to snuff/staffing of same/stewarding etc.

I thought we fixed that bit of the Railway Stand so Rangers/Hearts/Hibs could use it. Seems mad not to use it.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I thought we fixed that bit of the Railway Stand so Rangers/Hearts/Hibs could use it. Seems mad not to use it.

It may well be down to water having been isolated due to lack of use.

There is a responsibility to maintain water quality whether it be through usage or maintaining min/max temperatures.

If the water requires reinstating, the pipework and storage tanks would have to be chlorinated and the cost is most likely prohibitive.

It may well be down to water having been isolated due to lack of use.
There is a responsibility to maintain water quality whether it be through usage or maintaining min/max temperatures.
If the water requires reinstating, the pipework and storage tanks would have to be chlorinated and the cost is most likely prohibitive.
Cheaper sponsoring a charity in Africa.

17 hours ago, Number1IsJamieAdams said:

I am not saying Raith 'only' won because Stranraer lay down but I'm saying that it's a bit convenient that Raith who barely win away and I think have won 1 away game all season to a team in the top half of the league all season suddenly win 3-0. Don't tell me Stranraer tried to win or get anything from the game.

You'll know more than me if it looked like Stranraer were trying or not - I couldn't make the journey down

to be fair, and the more I think about it, we would need an attendance of somewhere near 5,000 folk to fill the main stand and south stand - its a sad state of affairs that I don't think we'll get 4,000, even with it being a league decider, so whats the point in paying for the extra stewarding and expense to open up other stands when the 2 we will have open is adequate.

20 hours ago, Number1IsJamieAdams said:

I am not saying Raith 'only' won because Stranraer lay down but I'm saying that it's a bit convenient that Raith who barely win away and I think have won 1 away game all season to a team in the top half of the league all season suddenly win 3-0. Don't tell me Stranraer tried to win or get anything from the game.

Just wondered, have you looked at the highlights on Raith TV? It's only a portion of the game but there is no indication from the play that Stranraer "rolled over."

Bear in mind too that Raith have (finally!!) picked up a bit of momentum.

20 hours ago, Number1IsJamieAdams said:

Oh dear, you are starting to sound like an old firm fan.

Look not at others but at yourselves.  We've only lost 5 away from home all season the exact same amount of games Ayr have lost at home.

The form for the last 5 games has Raith top, Alloa, Stranraer, Arbroath then Ayr a lowly 5th, losing title winning form at the sharp end of the season is what's hurting you more than what everyone else is or isn't doing.

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

Just wondered, have you looked at the highlights on Raith TV? It's only a portion of the game but there is no indication from the play that Stranraer "rolled over."

Bear in mind too that Raith have (finally!!) picked up a bit of momentum.

Also, bear in mind, despite the bitterness with which he makes his comments, Stranraer mathematically could still have qualified for the playoffs, albeit would have needed to win both their games by quite a few goals, and Alloa or Arbroath to lose both of theirs by a fair few goals.

Flinging comments about professional footballers "not trying" is totally disrespectful, and poor from someone bitter because, for the time being, his team have blown it and its now out of their own hands.

Archived