Raith V Alloa The championship decider

9 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

The club should be out in the community all week encouraging folk through the door on Saturday - free tickets to the schools a defo, create a massive buzz around the town - if we cant get 3,500 to 4,000 through the gate Saturday theres something seriously wrong.

Just had an email from Barry to round the troops up for Saturday 

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Question for Alloa fans, I notice over the last 10 games you are actually 2 points better off than us. Do you think if you had your post January squad all season you would be challenging for the title?

I second that. Although the squad we had at the beginning of the season was ok - after we struggled in the first 9 the bare bones of the squad really turned it around.

The January signings have really improved us though and on our day we can beat anyone in the league. After that  first 45 minutes against Ayr I'm really confident for the playoffs.

No Flyers to compete with and hopefully some sunny weather. Should be hammering it on twitter and Facebook all week and get the press and Courier on it.

FFP might even do a photoshopped back cover.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

This ‘will we/won’t we/what if’ feeling is brutal and it’s only just went Monday afternoon.

Calm down laddie and go take a couple of beluga vodkas every day. Believe.

Drop the prices and make the North Stand free for U16's.

House the Alloa fans in the new bit of the Railway stand too, NOT in the main stand.

Only problem being that normally when we get a big crowd in the team usually shits the bed.

If it gets to half time with the teams level, it's Ayr's title imo

Hopefully the wee team can get the job done, will make next season more fun if, by some travesty of justice, we fail to win the playoffs.

We have to get at alloa from the start on saturday. If we don’t, i think nervousness might set in and if allow alloa to settle, then they are capable of playing good football and causing us trouble.

I think there's a huge positive to be taken from the way we started Saturdays game. The players had 1 job to do and they got the early goal to set out the intention.

A week of training with the knowledge of what they can achieve on Saturday is massive.

There's absolutely nothing won yet.  Alloa are the form side in the league and we actually have some pressure and expectation on is now.

Neither ourselves or Ayr have dealt with the pressure of being top thus far.

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Question for Alloa fans, I notice over the last 10 games you are actually 2 points better off than us. Do you think if you had your post January squad all season you would be challenging for the title?

Even post January we have had some poor results against sides we should have been doing better against. 2 points from a possible 18 against East Fife, Stranraer and Airdrie since the turn of the year for example. We really should have been nicely clear in 3rd with the players we have. Yesterday again showed that if we play the best team then we can cause anybody in this league a lot of problems. Personally I would have preferred to see more of that team over the past couple of months and less of them for these last two games. For the last game in particular it would be daft IMO to go with our strongest side when we have 2 play-off matches in the following 7 days (and ideally 2 more to come after that). I'd bring Renton, Smith and Crossan in for this one. Meggat too if he is over the injury and stick the gaffer in the team as well.

5 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

While your at it open the railway stand too. make it a full house:rolleyes:. I suggest we will be lucky to get 3000 in attendance.

if that is the case remember to carry the  90 ( aye , just 90 ) who made the trip to the stade du stair at the weekend , shoulder high round the ground.

20 minutes ago, Waspie said:

For the last game in particular it would be daft IMO to go with our strongest side when we have 2 play-off matches in the following 7 days (and ideally 2 more to come after that). I'd bring Renton, Smith and Crossan in for this one. Meggat too if he is over the injury and stick the gaffer in the team as well.

Crossan and Smith have been impressive when I've seen them. Crossan in the other game at Starks in particular was the best player on the pitch and gave young Jamie Watson a real problem cutting in from the left. With that said we had a really solid performance on Saturday at the back with Murray and Davo linking up well. We need to make sure we're taking the game to Alloa and getting the job done. As I mentioned before, even if Alloa decided to field younger players, they'd probably see it as a chance to stake a claim.

14 minutes ago, Oor Willis said:

Crossan and Smith have been impressive when I've seen them. Crossan in the other game at Starks in particular was the best player on the pitch and gave young Jamie Watson a real problem cutting in from the left. With that said we had a really solid performance on Saturday at the back with Murray and Davo linking up well. We need to make sure we're taking the game to Alloa and getting the job done. As I mentioned before, even if Alloa decided to field younger players, they'd probably see it as a chance to stake a claim.

They are both talented players and Crossan in particular pre christmas was very good. Renton can also be effective in the striker role. But Flannigan, Kirkpatrick and Cawley are brilliant together, the three who were fantastic in the Jack Ross Alloa team. We also have a very good striker in Stewart to play ahead of them. That is the best selection we have. I'd keep as many of them fresh for the play-offs as possible. 

Sorry for this crowd w**k post, but I’ll be interested to see how many folk turn up. More or less than the 4300 who turned up just to see us presented with the league trophy in 2009?

In that one, we’d won the league the previous week so it was a guaranteed trophy. This is a more interesting situation but it could easily end in disappointment.

Anyway, Alloa and Arbroath are good sides and have made the play-offs on merit. Can’t see this being easy but hopefully we can keep the unbeaten home run going and get the win. I’ve not see a league trophy for a while.

if that is the case remember to carry the  90 ( aye , just 90 ) who made the trip to the stade du stair at the weekend , shoulder high round the ground.

I think it was Frank Connor who referred to us as a ‘big game support’. Stranraer obviously didn’t count as a big game.

Alloa are a big game and will get the appropriate respect in terms of attendees on Saturday.

Even post January we have had some poor results against sides we should have been doing better against. 2 points from a possible 18 against East Fife, Stranraer and Airdrie since the turn of the year for example. We really should have been nicely clear in 3rd with the players we have. Yesterday again showed that if we play the best team then we can cause anybody in this league a lot of problems. Personally I would have preferred to see more of that team over the past couple of months and less of them for these last two games. For the last game in particular it would be daft IMO to go with our strongest side when we have 2 play-off matches in the following 7 days (and ideally 2 more to come after that). I'd bring Renton, Smith and Crossan in for this one. Meggat too if he is over the injury and stick the gaffer in the team as well.

Same goes for ourselves too though.

We’ve thrown away two 2-0 leads to lose 3-2, imploded whilst being ridiculously comfortable against EF x 2 and Albion and lost them, and somehow managed to drop points in a few more games too. Talking about 17 points dropped that really shouldn’t have been. Every team can say that though because that’s just football.

DC said that we were happy to secure play offs, but a bit disappointed that we weren’t closer to the top of the league. Exactly the same as JG said after the game on Sunday.

Archived