Raith V Alloa The championship decider

So their you have it folks. RR supporters, the biggest load of POO BEARS in history. The truth is we all expected this could happen and it did, but not in the way it did. Truth be known, we didnt play that bad and credit to alloa who were given a task and did that very well. Its not over yet for us for promotion. We can win the play offs and still join AUFC in the championship.

Cant wait for wed and sat to see where we sit in the play offs. And finally well done to ayr. you made it we didnt.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Admittedly I’m now starting to drift to the slightly more mature end of the Rovers supporters spectrum, but by my reckoning, we’ve lifted ten pieces of silverware since 1883, and I’ve seen six of them.

As much as today was a nuisance, all things considered, I can’t really complain.

This is it. Keep in mind for a lot of Ayr fans even in their mid to late 20s, this will be the first time they've won a trophy at all (again, similarly to ourselves a lot of that it the way their club has been run). Even within the last decade I've seen us win this league, a cup run where we beat Aberdeen and Dundee on route to the semis, the Ramsden's Cup against Rangers, Beating Hibs at Easter Road in one of the most ridiculous games I've seen, make the playoffs in the Championship, and have some incredible games on the road. 

With the injuries and some of the performances we've had this season, it was ridiculous that we came so close to winning the league. Ayr were miles better than us over the course of the season in terms of goals scored and the football played. Their fans have waited a long time for this so they'll enjoy it. 

This is it. Keep in mind for a lot of Ayr fans even in their mid to late 20s, this will be the first time they've won a trophy at all (again, similarly to ourselves a lot of that it the way their club has been run). Even within the last decade I've seen us win this league, a cup run where we beat Aberdeen and Dundee on route to the semis, the Ramsden's Cup against Rangers, Beating Hibs at Easter Road in one of the most ridiculous games I've seen, make the playoffs in the Championship, and have some incredible games on the road. 
With the injuries and some of the performances we've had this season, it was ridiculous that we came so close to winning the league. Ayr were miles better than us over the course of the season in terms of goals scored and the football played. Their fans have waited a long time for this so they'll enjoy it. 

Doesn't make it any easier though and settling for second best with that attitude is up to you.

I've seen all those things you've mentioned too but there were plenty of people who haven't seen them there yesterday. Regardless of how much better Ayr have been this season, we had a chance to win the league and we blew it. If we just all started to accept that then who knows when we'll get a chance to win a league again?

Obviously the playoffs are key but so much can hinge on a day like yesterday. Winning the playoffs, if we don't win the playoffs we need a new manager, will we be full time or part time, what players can we keep/do we want to keep, new pitch being delayed, away games in the league cup, delays in speaking to players for next season due to the uncertainty of what league we'll be playing in. The list could go on and on. To think that 1 goal yesterday would have done the job and with that in mind, the lack of leadership and urgency on the pitch. Players standing still with 20 mins to go, nobody showing a bit of initiative and taking players on and then 4,500 disappointed fans trudging away. If you think all that sounds acceptable good for you and well done to Ayr United. I personally think it's a shambles and an embarrassment and those players haven't been fit to wear the shirt this season.

1 minute ago, Tryfield said:

No yet Tony.
Get to get a game of bools oot the road first.

Some day yesterday.

Fantastic day, 'mon Eric I know you're retired but you're only a youngster, Gourlay will be terrified.

What was the atmosphere like at the final whistle?

Thankfully not too booey. Just a bit subdued. Team got clapped off by most in the Main Stand who were still about when the players came off.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Thankfully not too booey. Just a bit subdued. Team got clapped off by most in the Main Stand who were still about when the players came off.

Some pretty audible booing in the South Stand.

Archived