Raith V Alloa The championship decider

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have nightmares about us punting the ball at Buchanan, Vaughan's first touch and our laughable tactic of playing the ball to the aforementioned strikers when they were surrounded by Alloa players. 

I will have nightmares about us punting the ball at Buchanan, Vaughan's first touch and our laughable tactic of playing the ball to the aforementioned strikers when they were surrounded by Alloa players. 

At least you’re at your mum and dads tonight

47 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

At least you’re at your mum and dads tonight

I'm a miserable b*****d this evening (more so than usual) so probably now not allowed back any time soon!

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Kevin Mchattie, Bobby Barr and Liam Buchanan are all absolutely amazing.  Try them. 

Barr responds especially well to criticism from the fans, think Hughes' opinion of him might have been the only thing he was right about last season.

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

He was excellent with us as well and the Alloa boys speak very highly of him not to mention the guys at Livi!!!
Reckon the Raith broke him!!!

Absolutely murder to watch, no way he just broke overnight.

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

This is quality! Almost managed to predict this before a ball had even been kicked this season.

Good job that we signed the 'leagues best strike force'. Louis Vaughan must be worth an absolute fortune now.

There couldn't be a more fitting way to end this season than a 0-0 result. Raith were gutless throughout the season and today showed it in full force today.

I love this club, the gift that keeps on giving.

Gloating that your pessimism came true.

Worst post ever.

To the odd w****r that's been posting like it was all over(have you not watched the twists and turns this season) I hope the pain stays with you for quite a long time.

To the rest of the Raith fans, chin up, you can't appreciate the unadulterated joy of success if you don't soak up the pain of failure, if we didn't want to feel the pain we'd all be supporting the ugly sisters and I'd far rather be feeling like you lot than support either of them.

I can't offer you any great hope for the playoffs as I've not fancied the chances of either of us in them for quite a while, both have wee chinks that I don't think will last over 4 all in games.

My main chink of light all week was the knowledge that there was no way Goodwin was going to allow his team to give anything less than 100% today, hopefully we target someone like Goodwin when McCall hangs his managers jacket up. 

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

Well we never won the league but atleat we still have the die hard supporters like you. 

Every team has their "special" fans.

21 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

To the odd w****r that's been posting like it was all over(have you not watched the twists and turns this season) I hope the pain stays with you for quite a long time.

To the rest of the Raith fans, chin up, you can't appreciate the unadulterated joy of success if you don't soak up the pain of failure, if we didn't want to feel the pain we'd all be supporting the ugly sisters and I'd far rather be feeling like you lot than support either of them.

I can't offer you any great hope for the playoffs as I've not fancied the chances of either of us in them for quite a while, both have wee chinks that I don't think will last over 4 all in games.

My main chink of light all week was the knowledge that there was no way Goodwin was going to allow his team to give anything less than 100% today, hopefully we target someone like Goodwin when McCall hangs his managers jacket up. 

Said this to one of the folk behind me who was downbeat by it. It would be utterly shite to support a team where they canter to the title every season. Days like yesterday are utterly shite, but they make me look forward to a title win or giant killing that bit more in the future. Over the last decade our fans have been a bit spoiled with cup runs (and wins), solid league performances and wins against the likes of Rangers and Hibs.  Days like those stay longer in the memory. 

Not going to read through the rest of the stuff that has been posted since the game ended, its likely to be fairly predicatable ha ha

Needless to say, I drowned my sorrows by getting thoroughly pished tonight and feel slightly better

5 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Big question now is, should Raith blow the playoffs can they afford to stay full time next season? Can an average home attendance of approx 1500 sustain full time football in a league full of diddies?

We live in interesting times.

Can East Fife afford to stay part time next season? ;)

Admittedly I’m now starting to drift to the slightly more mature end of the Rovers supporters spectrum, but by my reckoning, we’ve lifted ten pieces of silverware since 1883, and I’ve seen six of them.

As much as today was a nuisance, all things considered, I can’t really complain.

2 hours ago, Wullie McNaught said:

Quotes of Rovers fans saying this or f**k off

tbf, there have been 2 or 3 numpties on different threads, probably the same 2 or 3 that have already made an arse of themselves a few times this season, it's amazing how the odd ones from both teams can't see that this was no normal season in the f**k up stakes, I'm fortunate, I watch a lot of low level tennis, clutching defeat from the jaws of victory is an every day occurrence in that sphere. 

Mind that time you defamed one of our own players, had to delete the post then apologise? Lols.

Nope doesn't seem to have happened looking back my history on here [emoji102]

It was a fucking good night I may or may not have had with him or her though, that may or may not, have given me or someone else an opinion on such things.

Lols

Grammars all to pot but you get the jist.

tbf, there have been 2 or 3 numpties on different threads, probably the same 2 or 3 that have already made an arse of themselves a few times this season, it's amazing how the odd ones from both teams can't see that this was no normal season in the f**k up stakes, I'm fortunate, I watch a lot of low level tennis, clutching defeat from the jaws of victory is an every day occurrence in that sphere. 

Name them and they shall be shot. Never understood why they watch football because they clearly don’t understand the game.

1 minute ago, Wullie McNaught said:

Name them and they shall be shot. Never understood why they watch football because they clearly don’t understand the game.

We were 1/40 a fortnight ago and I never for a second thought it was all over, I never thought we'd be going into the last day trailing right enough, 

I've been pretty consistent throughout the season, if we had our best 11 every week we would have won the league comfortably, thankfully football at our level isn't that boringly predictable, in my experience it's usually players 12 to 20+ that decide your fate over a season, having a super number 17 helped a wee bit as well.

Archived