Raith V Alloa The championship decider

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does that prove zilch, your statement is absolute drivel! Anyway you hold on to that as scant consolation that Ayrs better than Rovers because you have beaten us twice. Whoever finishes top is the best team and it could be Ayr still so Ayr will be the best team!
On that basis, Alloa and Arbroath are by far better teams than Ayr? 

You're missing the point. Ayr didn't just beat rovers twice, we absolutely destroyed you twice.

Add to that the fact that your only win against us was ridiculously fortunate and your have quite a compelling case.

We're the better team...

We just shat the bed.

12 minutes ago, pub car king said:

History rarely remembers the runners up 

This is very true. There was similar bleatings from Brian Reid the last time we were in the league where he claimed Ayr were the best team in the league despite finishing second. We've been poor in our games against Ayr, and poor away from home. Despite that we've managed to not lose as many as Ayr, and are unbeaten at home.  If we win the league on Saturday, it's because we've been the best team over the course of the 36 games. The fact we're top with a game to go despite seeing so many injuries during the second and third quarter is ridiculous.  

You're missing the point. Ayr didn't just beat rovers twice, we absolutely destroyed you twice.

Add to that the fact that your only win against us was ridiculously fortunate and your have quite a compelling case.

We're the better team...

We just shat the bed.

I suppose the fact that you've lost more games than us and only won 1 more and that a season is played over 36 games and not just 4 against your nearest rivals proves your point...

Alloa have beaten you twice, drawn once and only lost to you once (same record that you have against us). Would this make them the better team between you and them?

Just now, Oor Willis said:

This is very true. There was similar bleatings from Brian Reid the last time we were in the league where he claimed Ayr were the best team in the league despite finishing second. We've been poor in our games against Ayr, and poor away from home. Despite that we've still got more wins than Ayr, and are unbeaten at home.  If we win the league on Saturday, it's because we've been the best team over the course of the 36 games. The fact we're top with a game to go despite seeing so many injuries during the second and third quarter is ridiculous.  

We don't have more wins Tbf, we've drawn games they have lost.

I suppose the fact that you've lost more games than us and only won 1 more and that a season is played over 36 games and not just 4 against your nearest rivals proves your point...

Alloa have beaten you twice, drawn once and only lost to you once (same record that you have against us). Would this make them the better team between you and them?

Can you not read?

I was responding to that very point.

Can we not wait and see who wins the league first before debating whether they are worthy winners?

Spoiler

Raith will win it

I’ll have no complaints if you win it. Over the course of the season the best team will win the league. While I think we’ve been the most exciting and attractive side to watch Raith have managed to find that balance between managing games well and getting a couple of goals. We’ve struggled with the former.

Hope we go up and relegate you lot next season though. Nothing personal.

Spoiler

Raith will win it

I’ll have no complaints if you win it. Over the course of the season the best team will win the league. While I think we’ve been the most exciting and attractive side to watch Raith have managed to find that balance between managing games well and getting a couple of goals. We’ve struggled with the former.

Hope we go up and relegate you lot next season though. Nothing personal.

IF we both go up (fk knows what’ll happen on Saturday), you’ll come straight back down whilst we settle in, back where we should be for another decade or so. And that’s the difference between the clubs, well, that and trophies, European adventures and upper league titles.

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned it but we also once had a half time lead away to Bayern.

Archived