Raith V Alloa The championship decider

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As an Albion Rovers fan. I’d quite like to see Raith 2-0 ahead after 5 minutes Could help us
It's a scenario I like the sound of.

I can't get my head around the fact we just need a win to become champions.

We could still easily mess this up though. A draw is unlikely to be enough and Alloa aren't exactly a gimme 3 points like, say, East Fife.

4 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Oh i Dunno I think we are due a win up in san starko !   nervous lads  ? :)

The cheeks of my bahoochie have been knitting socks since Ayr scored today and are unlikely to stop before tea time next Saturday. 

And you've won two of your last three games here so don't be a greedy b*****d. 

i have a feeling that you will win this league and i also believe we want dumbarton  (no disrespect ) in the playoffs , i think jim will rest players this time around 

plus we have not beaten you guys all season, unlike Ayr who we have take 7 points from winning home and away. the timing is weighed in your favour ..but be afraid ..be very afraid ;)

7 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

i have a feeling that you will win this league and i also believe we want dumbarton  (no disrespect ) in the playoffs , i think jim will rest players this time around 

plus we have not beaten you guys all season, unlike Ayr who we have take 7 points from winning home and away. the timing is weighed in your favour ..but be afraid ..be very afraid ;)

FK you 3-0 mighty Raith with a Bobby Barr masterclass.........................................................................................nurse nurse.................

15 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

You could say the same about us. We have a better record against Ayr than against Raith this season. We might 'accidentaly' score 15 own goals at Hampden...

:whistle

We should be doing anything to keep an advantage on Saturday as it's not gonna be easy. I think South and north stands should be open to home supporters! To help push and support the boys from both ends of the park. Stick the alloa fans in the main stand in my opinion

47 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

I suggest we will be lucky to get 3000 in attendance.

We had over 3000 at the last home game against Ayr. I'd like to think we'll manage to pull in a bit more than that.

As for the game, it's going to be a brutal nerve wracking afternoon I think. Whilst I'm confident we've got enough about us to get the win  I can see it being panic stations for the most apart especially if word gets round that Ayr have taken an early lead. Don't think we'll go out all guns blazing and can see it being a nervy game overall, a jammy 1-0 will do me. Hopefully the occasion doesn't get to the players and puts them off, always get the fear when we're going into a big game with a big crowd that we'll shit the bed.

Don’t see us taking all three points here. We will have all eyes to 3 days later in the play-offs. However, don’t think we’ll bow down and make it easy but like said above Raith have the upper hand over us this season unlike Ayr. Can maybe see Flannigan & co. rested for this game as well.

19 minutes ago, Raithie said:

We had over 3000 at the last home game against Ayr. I'd like to think we'll manage to pull in a bit more than that.

As for the game, it's going to be a brutal nerve wracking afternoon I think. Whilst I'm confident we've got enough about us to get the win  I can see it being panic stations for the most apart especially if word gets round that Ayr have taken an early lead. Don't think we'll go out all guns blazing and can see it being a nervy game overall, a jammy 1-0 will do me. Hopefully the occasion doesn't get to the players and puts them off, always get the fear when we're going into a big game with a big crowd that we'll shit the bed.

2,500 Ayr fans were there though 

While your at it open the railway stand too. make it a full house:rolleyes:. I suggest we will be lucky to get 3000 in attendance.
I wasn't saying it to think we'll pull in 7-8000 I was saying it so that there's supporters all around the ground to urge the boys on

The club should be out in the community all week encouraging folk through the door on Saturday - free tickets to the schools a defo, create a massive buzz around the town - if we cant get 3,500 to 4,000 through the gate Saturday theres something seriously wrong.

Already nervous about this one. Like somebody said earlier, it would be peak Rovers to lose their first home game of the season on the last day to lose the title. 

Like the idea of having fans behind both goals as long as it doesn’t leave us with 2 half empty stands. It would only work if the crowd was 4000-5000. Pretty sure we had both ends open against Arbroath when we won the league and that crowd was around 4000. 

Can’t see it being anything other than extremely close and tense game where the players and fans will need to remain patient. I saw a stat earlier that showed we’d be on 60 points and 7 behind Ayr if games ended at half time. We don’t tend to be fast starters, although we have bucked that trend the last couple of weeks. Alloa are a very good side and Goodwin sounded sure he wanted to keep momentum into the play offs. Hopefully he still decides to rest a few on Saturday though.

Question for Alloa fans, I notice over the last 10 games you are actually 2 points better off than us. Do you think if you had your post January squad all season you would be challenging for the title?

Archived