Raith V Alloa The championship decider

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a brutally exciting but worried week. Every Rovers fan I know watched today, and I'm sure we'd be the first to acknowledge Alloa were well worth their win, and that it'll be one of our toughest tests of the season. They played an excellent pressing game, and all of the games so far have been very tight affairs. Crossan in particular gave us all sorts of problems last times. Kirkpatrick and Stewart are fine players too. Kevin Cawley is also a complete nemesis for us. Alloa could rest players, but we all know that it just opens it for young lads to come in to prove their point. 

With that said, we were superb yesterday. If we play the same as yesterday, then it'll be an excellent game and we'd have a great chance. I'd utterly love for these players to put it to bed. There's been so many highs and lows but it's been ridiculously intense over the last few weeks. 

Hopefully the club lower the prices down to a fiver and get as many bodies through the gate as possible. 

Today was bloody difficult viewing, which I guess sets up nicely for more of the same on Saturday. 

Thought Alloa were absolutely excellent today, though particularly in defence. We are in for a nerve-shredder. 

Alloa were really good in the first half today and well worth their lead. Calmly passing out from the back and their right winger looked dangerous on the ball. 

We have a fair bit of momentum at the moment though and our home form has been brilliant. Hopefully good enough for one last win. 

Tough game, nervous about it already but I'd have given one of my baws to be in this position with one game to go. 

'Mon the Rovers! 

Raith are due a bottle job defeat at home, inevitable it's going to happen next week with this title race taking so many twists and turns this season.

I can’t see it, personally, I think Raith have shown they have their tails up and have delivered at home. Alloa weren’t bad today, but Ayr made it easy for them and I suspect they’ll have a much changed side next week. Pressure is a funny thing and Ayr and Raith have done their best to chuck it away but I can’t see it.

Well i think we wanted to prove a point today that we deserve the playoffs and are there on merit , we seem to turn up for the big games 

but you like ayr have all the pressure , job done for us.. that said i think you will win a tight affair  Squeeky bum time for you lot :-) :-)

going next week to just enjoy it we wont lie down just as we didnt with Ayr ...... Oooooh looking forward to witnessing the tension . hope the weather is good  ;-)

This week is going to be insane! I'd 100% agree that £5 entry would be a great way to get people along.

The home record is good, Alloa looked organised and well drilled, particularly in the first half. Hopefully our home form and full time fitness etc will shine through.

How regularly have the subs that were brought on played this season? Wasn't sure if Goodwin was trying to give some squad players a bit of game time to prepare for the playoffs. Wouldn't mind him having that attitude on Saturday but I don't see him getting dragged into all that. He's just wanting to do his job and keep their momentum going.

The fact that we're still in this is fantastic! A Vaughan hat-trick to seal the deal would do nicely.

Archived