Livi v ICT

With us securing 2nd place yesterday we should be rotating the team for this game and giving guys like McMillan, Frizzell, Buchanan, Mullin, Robinson, Thompson, and  prob even Jacobs a run out here, def shouldn't be playing Pittman and Byrne anyway, both of them have had a hell of an amount of games and put in some shift every week too, they don't need to be playing a midweek game risking injury and could do with a rest to freshen them up for the play offs.

The result isn't really important but a draw would be good, just to keep the confidence going through the team.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we will be looking at this as a complete throw away game. The guys coming in (Robinson, Thompson, Frizzell) will want to prove themselves for the big games coming up.

The only issue is we don't really have much striker cover now Boyd has returned to Hamilton. One of Hardie and Miller will probably have to start.

Hardie   -   Robinson
Longridge   -   Frizzell   -   Thompson   -   Byrne   -   McMillan
Lithgow   -   Halkett   -   Buchanan
Alexander

If we are resting players I'd imagine something like that, with Miller coming on for Hardie in the 2nd half. Kind of highlights the fact we only actually have 2 natural strikers and only 4 natural CBs, we've been pretty lucky this season in terms of injuries and suspensions. Like EL said though we've got guys like Robinson, Frizzell, Thompson, McMillan, and Buchanan who are all still good players and will want to prove themselves to get a game in the play offs so think we'll still get a good performance.

Would expect, and hope, that Hopkin uses this game to give some of the "fringe" players a bit of game time, and more importantly, some of our key starters a rest. Pittman was average yesterday despite his goal, and really looks leggy. Could also do with one of Hardie or Miller getting a good rest given they're our only out and out strikers available. I'd still expect us to be very competitive despite us not having anything to play for in terms of league position, but a defeat really wouldn't surprise me given what I've seen of ICT this season and the fact it's win or bust for them now.

Coming through the next two games unbeaten and having rotated the squad a bit would be a very satisfactory end to the normal league season and good preparation for the play-offs.

Pittman has been poor for quite some time now I've noticed, whether that's because of tiredness or not I don't know. Buchanan, Robinson and Frizzel will all come into the team with Probably Hardie starting up front with Robinson although I'd expect Miller to come on for Hardie. Gary Maley needs some game time too but I wouldn't change Alexander so I'd probably just stick him in midfield or something.

2 hours ago, JessieField said:

Sounds like Livi are going to chuck this game, must get my money on Inverness.

Aye right,this team do not do defeat.

I wish Livi all the best in the play offs

Nobody gets near you in Second place 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, JessieField said:

Sounds like Livi are going to chuck this game, must get my money on Inverness.

They’ve been the best team I’ve seen at the vale this season ,we were lucky to draw with them that day ...basing it on that and resting some players then yip it could be a banker .

1 hour ago, AMC13 said:

Pittman has been poor for quite some time now I've noticed, whether that's because of tiredness or not I don't know. Buchanan, Robinson and Frizzel will all come into the team with Probably Hardie starting up front with Robinson although I'd expect Miller to come on for Hardie. Gary Maley needs some game time too but I wouldn't change Alexander so I'd probably just stick him in midfield or something.

I'd love to see big Maley playing up front with Robinson on Tues, oh please make it happen Hoppy.:lol:

1 hour ago, snorkie said:

They’ve been the best team I’ve seen at the vale this season ,we were lucky to draw with them that day ...basing it on that and resting some players then yip it could be a banker .

Yep, wouldn't be an easy game either way, but the players who could come in are still  good players so we wouldn't be going into this game not giving a shit. The likes of Frizzell and Mullin would be bursting to do well, and others like Buchanan and McMillan have played really well when called upon, Keaghan is easily a first choice player but he's been used sparingly this season, so it wouldn't do any harm to give him another start if it meant Byrne and/or Pittman could be rested.

Just now, RiG said:

Livi fans must get asked this all the time but where is the best place to park for free near the ground?

It's a night game so all the centre carparks are free, St Margarets school carpark is still prob the best place though, then walk towards the ground and cross over the bridge taking you out next to the astro  pitches behind our stadium. Or you could chance Lidl's right next to the ground and hope you don't get a ticket slapped on your windscreen, prob wouldn't but they say it's for Lidl shoppers only so still a risk.

15 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It's a night game so all the centre carparks are free, St Margarets school carpark is still prob the best place though, then walk towards the ground and cross over the bridge taking you out next to the astro  pitches behind our stadium. Or you could chance Lidl's right next to the ground and hope you don't get a ticket slapped on your windscreen, prob wouldn't but they say it's for Lidl shoppers only so still a risk.

Cheers appreciate that.

I’ve said all season I’ve been so impressed by Inverness on the previous 3 occasions we’ve came up against them, for me they’ve moved the ball about better than anyone we’ve came up against in the league.

It looks like the late charge for the playoffs may be all but over as I expect Dunfermline to get what they need against Dumbarton but what an effort after such a poor start, which in the end has cost them dearly. 

If we can remain unbeaten against Inverness this season that’ll be a hell of an effort.

Id change it up slightly for both these games coming up, 

Alexander, McMillan, Buchanan, Gallagher, Lithgow, Longridge, Robinson, Byrne, Frizzell, De Vita, Miller. 

And id think about resting De Vita, Gallagher, Longridge, Byrne, Miller at Tannadice on Saturday. 

I'd like us to rest players so they are tip top for the play offs but lets be honest here, ICT must be running on empty going into this game, that's 4 midweek games on the trot and I think this is their 9th game in 4 weeks, even with a few fringe players playing we should be looking to take something from this game. They've still something to play for too so it should be a good competitive game. And this is a chance for some of the fringe players to stake a claim for a start in the play offs.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

This is getting too weird, that's a St Mirren fan and a Pars fan  wishing us well, feels like I've entered into an alternate Universe.

Don't worry; Falkirk's still there to restore your faith in state of the world - sooner or later someone's bound to mention Ferranti or Meadowbank. Oh and don't forget the world beating humour of "Lavvy"

Now I've said Beetle-juice three times I'll get back in my box.

Archived