Pars v Sons

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Dumbarton win here please. The Sons kickstarted our 11 game unbeaten run, and we’ve had 3 wins in that run from them. Could they possibly help us out yet again?

You kick started our 9 unbeaten run, but last weekends final seconds was the highlight of the season (excluding Hearts in the cup). If we don’t get a result as previous mentioned we don’t deserve a place.

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Our record this calendar year is:

Played -- W -- D -- L -- F -- A
17 -------   3  -- 2 -- 12 - 12 -- 34

14 of those 34 goals conceded have come in the last 4 weeks. 2 of the 3 wins against Brechin and the draws against Falkirk and Queens. You really shouldn't need folk telling you how terrible we are, it's very much apparent.

It's worse than that. 26 conceded in the last month

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

It's worse than that. 26 conceded in the last month

True, aye. I stupidly took the last 4 games as 4 weeks but we've been playing midweeks. It really is scary how much we've downed tools after that Cup final.

3 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Dumbarton win here please. The Sons kickstarted our 11 game unbeaten run, and we’ve had 3 wins in that run from them. Could they possibly help us out yet again?

Between the recent league humpings and the last minute cup final sickener, ICT have taken quite enough from us this season. What little focus we have left will be firmly planted on the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Will Dumbarton not be determined to regain confidence before the play-offs begin? Seems odd that their fans seem okay with just downing tools in the league.

No-one is ok with it but that doesn't change the fact we've almost given up completely in recent matches - no more evident that at Inverness.

It's seems fanciful at this point to expect any change on Saturday. 

Will Dumbarton not be determined to regain confidence before the play-offs begin? Seems odd that their fans seem okay with just downing tools in the league.

I'd rather we rested as many players as we can prior to the playoffs.

To regain confidence we would need to rewind the last month and start it all over again. The confidence and momentum ship has sadly sailed through a combination of injuries, shitebag players, heads going down post cup final and some bizarre tactics and teamsheets.

Very limited squad for tomorrow.I'd go with

Ewings

Smith          Wilson      Barr      Stirling

GGallagher   Carswell

Russell                  Froxy              Burt 

CGallagher 

4 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Very limited squad for tomorrow.I'd go with

Ewings

Smith          Wilson      Barr      Stirling

GGallagher   Carswell

Russell                  Froxy              Burt 

CGallagher 

I was going to question your sanity, but having seen the preview I'm not sure what else there is to do. Carsy at RB and Smith at LB maybe? Then I'd be inclined to go with Div Wilson and (either) Hutton or Grant Gallagher as the deep two.

Pointless thinking about it though. Grant Gallagher will be at RB and, having been shredded by Inverness and Falkirk, I'm dreading what Joe Cardle and Kallum Higginbotham will have in store for him.

Forgot Aidan Wilson existed too. Be interesting to see if he can keep up his three appearances four bookings record.

If we could forfeit this game and take a 3-0 defeat then I'd be more than happy.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

If we could forfeit this game and take a 3-0 defeat then I'd be more than happy.

I'd be happy to set up some stingers on the DFC bus route. If we don't get there they can't play. Dunfermline get the default win and we go a week without someone else getting crippled. Everyone's about as happy as they can be then.

I'd be happy to set up some stingers on the DFC bus route. If we don't get there they can't play. Dunfermline get the default win and we go a week without someone else getting crippled. Everyone's about as happy as they can be then.
It truly is a pity that what could well our last Championship fixture for, well, who knows when, looks to be a pretty desperate affair from our point of view.
We always knew that gravity would intervene again at some point but I'd rather we had a bit more about us right now. In fact a helluva lot more about us [emoji37]

These are some of the most miserable pre-match posts ever witnessed. Just occasionally the smaller team can do okay in these circumstances as there’s no pressure and no obligation to play a certain way to entertain. The manager can just try and set the team up to frustrate the home team and wait for a mistake. 

We scraped a 2-2 in this fixture not that long ago.

42 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It would annoy Inverness too - which serves them right for what they did to us in the Cup final.

Spoiler

Imagine our bus did actually breakdown or something tomorrow :lol: We'd be prime suspects.

54 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

These are some of the most miserable pre-match posts ever witnessed. Just occasionally the smaller team can do okay in these circumstances as there’s no pressure and no obligation to play a certain way to entertain. The manager can just try and set the team up to frustrate the home team and wait for a mistake. 

For Sons fans that now seems like an awful long time ago.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

We don't resemble anything like the team that showed up that day now. We're honestly just all hoping we can pull it together for the play-offs. This game is just a nuisance.

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I was going to question your sanity, but having seen the preview I'm not sure what else there is to do. Carsy at RB and Smith at LB maybe? Then I'd be inclined to go with Div Wilson and (either) Hutton or Grant Gallagher as the deep two.

Pointless thinking about it though. Grant Gallagher will be at RB and, having been shredded by Inverness and Falkirk, I'm dreading what Joe Cardle and Kallum Higginbotham will have in store for him.

Forgot Aidan Wilson existed too. Be interesting to see if he can keep up his three appearances four bookings record.

Think stirling could easily play LB.Have him hang back...we dont want pummeled but then again we dont need to win either.A 1 nil boring gubbing and we are all happy.Except ICT but there the last thing to be bothered about now.Its conserving strength and getting bodies back for 1 final push.Seagal  could well be a secret weapon vs L1 sides.Lets see where we are come Wed night in terms of fit players.

On 4/26/2018 at 14:21, Tarmo Kink said:

We are perfectly fine with it as it happens.Play offs and survival are our real battle.

Archived