Brechin v Queens

Just saw the injury time (in which we've scored 2!). Hopefully not as bad as a broken leg for both Mercer and the club. I don't think he's cut out for this level but it wouldn't look good if he's told to go and he's injured.

With Rooney away I’m pretty certain Mercer will be retained.

I think he’s shown enough to be given another crack at it next season. His versatility works in his favour as well.

If Marshall goes, as expected, I’d like us to sign a RB and LB with Fordyce and Mercer as backup.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to play for and we take 9 points, score 9 and concede 1. Can't help but be slightly pissed off with that. 2 up front from the start next season please Naysmith - it's not hard to see.

It’s a bit simplistic to say it is solely down to dropping Rankin and playing two up front, but they have certainly been big factors.

I think the biggest factor though was the fact there was nothing to play for. Any game this season where there has been the slightest bit of importance we have bottled it. Whether that comes from the lack of experience in the squad, or from the management I don’t know. Hopefully we’ve learned from this season and can improve next time round.

It’s a bit simplistic to say it is solely down to dropping Rankin and playing two up front, but they have certainly been big factors.

I think the biggest factor though was the fact there was nothing to play for. Any game this season where there has been the slightest bit of importance we have bottled it. Whether that comes from the lack of experience in the squad, or from the management I don’t know. Hopefully we’ve learned from this season and can improve next time round.

It's maybe simplistic but it's also accurate to say we are far better when we have someone supporting Dobbie up top.

I'm not a "it should always be 4-4-2" kind of person, more a "play to your strengths". We don't(didn't) have the squad available to play one up front successfully.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah, can't see it. I expect us to resort back to a lone striker once we have something to play for. It's been proven beyond all question that we are a far better side with 2 up front, but I expect another season of trying to make it work with 1 up top.

Bingo.You and me both!

Archived