United (Reserves)? V Livi Reserves

So on the last game of the season, with 2nd place sewn up, assume Livi will play as much of a fringe team as possible in order to keep as many of their top players fresh for the important matches to come.

What do United do? Do we do likewise and give some players a rest and pop some fringe players in, or do we play a full first team, as 3rd place (and the playoff and financial benefits this brings), is not yet guaranteed?

Can’t wait to find out........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in two minds to whether we should just put out our reserves, resting up all our players for the play offs semi finals, or put out a decent team, maybe keeping a few choice starts on the bench to bring on 2nd half and trying to win the game to keep momentum going into the play offs. Really not sure what Hoppy will do, either way I doubt anyone will be too bothered. The main thing is though, we don't want any injuries or bookings putting anyone close to suspension.

Imagine we'll give a few players a well deserved rest on Tuesday night, and this game will depend on how they're feeling. Earlier in the season we didn't cope too well having a couple weeks off so if possible I'd like us to go full strength for this, most likely not being as intense as usual to reduce the chance of injuries. 

Was never able to make it to this game so I'm happy it's not the 2nd place decider, can chill a little bit and hopefully watch it from home, I assume I can buy the match somewhere on the DUFC website if I make them think I'm not in the UK?

Interested to see the kind of support we take through, people might be saving their money for the play offs, on the other hand a good number could give them a bit more momentum over the next couple weeks.

Yeah, I expect Tuesday will be the day we rest any players with Saturday seeing us effectively revert to type. Essential we do not lose momentum.

Have a good feeling going into this too - I can't see another 3-0 humping. 

10 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Play Luggy up front with Mike Martin in a deeper role.

And, just for comedy value, play Harry Lewis in goal.

I think we should go crazy and play Murdoch left back too.  Its only a fuckabout anyway!

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Surely United need to win this game to guarantee third place. A draw wont be sufficient with Dunfermline only two points behind and a vastly superior goal difference.

Don't think anyone cares tbqhwy, not least the players.

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Dunfermline probably do; it make £71k difference to them

Although, I suppose, one Dundee derby would probably make that back

We have a very decent depth to the squad, could easily make 6 changes and I’d still be confident we’d compete and give a good account of ourselves. 

Having said that, we have over a weeks rest anyway from this game to the first playoff game so personally I’d rest a few on a Tuesday against Inverness and then some others on Saturday so we aren’t changing everything up. 

Looking forward to just enjoying the game with no pressure on us at all. 

Think id go with :- Alexander, Mullin, Buchanan, Halkett, Lithgow, Cadden, Jacobs, Frizzell, Thomson, Robinson, Hardie. 

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Can we play Gary Maley in goals again? 

Just think about that, we played Gary Maley in goals against you this season and still finished above you lot

Good for you........ Well done.

9 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Interested to see the kind of support we take through, people might be saving their money for the play offs, on the other hand a good number could give them a bit more momentum over the next couple weeks.

Not meaning to sound like a sour pussed dick here, bit given you got less that 1000, at home, at 3 o 'clock  on a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon, against a team that had to date amassed a mighty 4 points and shipped about 90 goals, and you had the chance to nail 2nd place to the wall.... I reckon we won't need to either open the JMFP nor order extra pehs.

Singing to the choir eh ken but your team;deserves better given what they have achieved this season....

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I dont give a f**k about this season anymore.

Im struggling to give a shit because most of this lot will be away and free to find another poor club that will overpay them and they'll do the absolute minimum for this club.

I desperatley want Laszlo out. Hes a fucking moron. Here is his quote from the BBC after we were dismantled by QOTS who had nothing to play for.

Dundee United manager Casaba Laszlo: "We are in the play-offs but we need a better performance.

"We could've played on and still not score. We came with confidence after our recent games but the players were tired today after a tough run of games.

"The positives from today are that the sun is shining and Dundee United are in the play-offs."

So really, if we do anything other than win promotion, hes seriously got to go. Tbh if we do get promoted, hes also seriously got to go.

I think Livi will pump us and he'll say we're tired and should have played better but rested alot of players for the playoffs and we were confident before the game but the players tried and gave everythingandthatswhathewantstheplayerstodobuthewantsmorequalitytoscoregoalswithonestrikeruofrontfuckingblahblahblahyouuselessarsehole.

We'll also get a traffic update from him and the weather for the week ahead. He might even give us the daily horoscope.

Pumped out the first round of the playoffs for the usual defensive jokes and laughs.

Archived