Accies v County: Sky Sports Spectacular

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/23/2018 at 14:28, accies1874 said:

Unless VDW is shifted out to the left, Imrie will start on Saturday. 

Why doesn't Canning play a back four with VDW at left back and Imrie in front of him?  VDW can't attack and Imrie can't defend.

Why doesn't Canning play a back four with VDW at left back and Imrie in front of him?  VDW can't attack and Imrie can't defend.

Because it’s 34 games into the season and he still doesn’t know his best 11 and still insists with a back 5.

Because he’s in his 4th season in charge and he’s still a tactically inept clown of a manger.

As much as some of our support seems creepily obsessed with Hamilton, I find myself thinking the league is better off with them rather than County. They may have a small support, which we will attribute to the locals backing the OF, but staying up year after year on a shoestring budget is something to be commended. 

53 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

As much as some of our support seems creepily obsessed with Hamilton, I find myself thinking the league is better off with them rather than County. They may have a small support, which we will attribute to the locals backing the OF, but staying up year after year on a shoestring budget is something to be commended. 

Your words.

They hurt.

59 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Your words.

They hurt.

At least you've won a major trophy in the past 40 years:thumsup2. Last premier league team other than Celtic to win one (Hibs were in the championship during their cup win of course). 

18 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

At least you've won a major trophy in the past 40 years:thumsup2. Last premier league team other than Celtic to win one (Hibs were in the championship during their cup win of course). 

Jeezo, I hadn't realised that!  

What a pack of bottle-merchants Aberdeen are :whistle

23 hours ago, Accies88 said:

The height in that county team gives me the fear. My score prediction is 2-2. 

We're not overly useful using it in an attacking sense (with Davies, Draper, Souttar, Fontaine, Naismith, Fraser, Lindsay, Ngog and Routis all being six foot or over) which is mad. The only one who seems to be a threat in offensive aerial duels is Davies, but his most useful stuff was when coming off back post headers back across the six yard line. Paul Quinn was very good at setting that up.

Defensively even with our height I still get the fear of crosses into our box. A lot of height but questionable desire and aggression. With the exceptions of Davies, Fontaine, Souttar and Draper all of the above would lose physical aerial battles with Kenny more often than not in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

We're not overly useful using it in an attacking sense (with Davies, Draper, Souttar, Fontaine, Naismith, Fraser, Lindsay, Ngog and Routis all being six foot or over) which is mad. The only one who seems to be a threat in offensive aerial duels is Davies, but his most useful stuff was when cominf off back post headers back across the six yard line. Paul Quinn was very good at setting that up.

Defensively even with our height I still get the fear of crosses into our box. A lot of height but questionable desire and aggression. With the exceptions of Davies, Fontaine, Souttar and Draper all of the above would lose physical aerial battles with Kenny more often than not in my opinion.

At this stage of the season m9 a don't think the desire will be questionable. Add in we are Hopeless at the back and Sarris will be playing in just not confident about Saturday at all. Seems strange with the players you've mentioned that aggression would be an issue. Also you've just appointed Ferguson and Kettlewell as permanent managers which will give you a boost . On the more positive side for us is we have the McKinnon back and Templeton is always a threat . Think the team will be 532. 

Woods

Imrie  kvd Want Sarris Lyon

Ferguson McKinnon Jenkins

Temps Okpoe

20 hours ago, Accies88 said:

At this stage of the season m9 a don't think the desire will be questionable. Add in we are Hopeless at the back and Sarris will be playing in just not confident about Saturday at all. Seems strange with the players you've mentioned that aggression would be an issue. Also you've just appointed Ferguson and Kettlewell as permanent managers which will give you a boost . On the more positive side for us is we have the McKinnon back and Templeton is always a threat . Think the team will be 532. 

Woods

Imrie  kvd Want Sarris Lyon

Ferguson McKinnon Jenkins

Temps Okpoe

If it's Imrie and VDW on the Hamilton left, we need to target that area, getting Naismith pushing up and Alex to drop deep out on our right side, get him 1 on 1 with VDW as much as possible can only be good for County. 

Archived