The April Friendship Derby - Clyde vs Berwick Rangers

What a way to end a magneeficeent season. The best part time team in Scotland and Northumberland's sleeping giants in our final day.

The ball is most definitely in Berwick's court if we wish to make this occasion as special as possible.

Hopefully the Black and Gold do the Bully Wee a favour by bodying Brown Ferguson's hammer throwing cloggers on Tuesday night, which would lead to a pleasing bottlejob.

A comfortable Clyde win would be ideal to levitate them into 4th and cap off a productive season for Robbie Horns side. Rumours that'll Berwick will give Clyde a guard of honour if they make the top 4 and much like the Christmas fixture, gifts will be exchanged at the turnstiles before KO.

Despite the build up to Clyde's potential promotion, this isn't all we're celebrating. Last Saturday we found out a historic club will be leaving our league and will be replaced by a forward thinking, ambitious side. Cowdenbeath F.C have finished 10th yet again and in recent years giving us unforgettable memories, from the Brett365 saga to Gary Locke coming to save their season (only to f**k them off and take a behind the scenes hearts gig weeks later). I hope Cowden bounce back straight away and come back up to League football, that will be unlikely though with Jordyn Sheerin's fat arse weighing them down. At least there's a local derby with Kelty they can enjoy.

Predictions for next week;
Berwick Rangers 1-0 Stenhousemuir
Clyde 6-0 Berwick Rangers
Cowdenbeath... Deed
[emoji840][emoji834]️[emoji837][emoji836]️[emoji840][emoji830]️[emoji837][emoji836]️

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said on the bumped up other thread, this really gives us all the opportunity to take our relationship to the next level from not just friends...to lovers...and then hopefully, one day soon, the first marriage/civil partnership between football clubs ever in the world.

If you win on Tuesday I propose we first give you the guard of honour in to the pitch, then you proceed to lay on the ground and we proverbially ride you like Shergar for the best part of two hours. All done with a mutual respect and love of course.

I don't want us to lose this one I'm afraid - I want us to get absolutely fucking ragdolled. No matter what happens on Tuesday, this should be a real celebration of the turnaround Clyde have made.

Of course, the spectacle could be made all the more special if a play off spot is on the line, but ultimately if Harry Paton decides to turn it on on Tuesday, there's nothing we can do. He's quite simply world class, and not just the latest in a long string of loan players Stenny fans have popped one over before the player goes on to have a middling career.

Prior to the game I will be trying to find a way to present David Goodwillie with the Berwick Rangers League Two Player of the Year award, the only individual divisional award that matters.

Love you all x

Don't really see how its a stupid post tbh, a Berwick win secures our play off spot. There's absolutely no way we're beating Stenny.

If Berwick win on Tuesday and Stenny then beat you on Saturday there’s still a chance you won’t make play offs I’m sure?

If Berwick win on Tuesday and Stenny then beat you on Saturday there’s still a chance you won’t make play offs I’m sure?
All Stenny need is a win to secure the play off spot. We play Stirling next Saturday so if we beat them and Clyde win, Stirling finish 5th

All Stenny need is a win to secure the play off spot. We play Stirling next Saturday so if we beat them and Clyde win, Stirling finish 5th

Depends on the score, we are 6 goals ahead. So if you hammer us 3-0, which will probably happen and Clyde win 4-0 they'll finish 4th.

Depends on the score, we are 6 goals ahead. So if you hammer us 3-0, which will probably happen and Clyde win 4-0 they'll finish 4th.

No matter who goes through to play offs going to be tough to beat Peterhead over two games with the second leg up there still think they're the best team in the league and huge credit to Montrose who should seal the championship in Saturday 5 on the bounce at this stage of the season is excellent

No matter who goes through to play offs going to be tough to beat Peterhead over two games with the second leg up there still think they're the best team in the league and huge credit to Montrose who should seal the championship in Saturday 5 on the bounce at this stage of the season is excellent

I fancy Stenny to beat Peterhead over 2 legs tbh. If we make play offs we will receive an absolute hiding off whoever we face.

Archived