Scottish Junior Cup Final 2018

WitsTheGoalieDain?

On 22/04/2018 at 14:14, btw lads said:

I count this is Talbot's 15th final?

Won 11, lost to lithgae, shotts n glens?

Since winning in 1985,  this will be their 20th time in semis or more in 35 years, as they have lost semis  to tayport twice, Renfrew, boness n ballieston!

I could be wrong!

Talbot lost to Baillieston in the semi-final at Rugby Park in 1984.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, omar said:

Talbot lost to Baillieston in the semi-final at Rugby Park in 1984.

9 hours ago, andy25 said:

And Bo'ness United in 1983 semi-final also at Rugby Park.

I remember both of these. Even as a young fella it was really disappointing but those were the foundations being built. 

Little did we know what was to follow...

On 4/24/2018 at 08:06, jimbaxters said:

I remember both of these. Even as a young fella it was really disappointing but those were the foundations being built. 

Little did we know what was to follow...

I think Baillieston had Dougie Arnott and Crawford Baptie playing for them. Bo'ness had Lex Shields what a player.

27 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I think Baillieston had Dougie Arnott and Crawford Baptie playing for them. Bo'ness had Lex Shields what a player.

Was it not Andy Walker big freen

6 minutes ago, geo 1909 said:

Was it not Andy Walker big freen

It was Andy Walker and George Clark up front with Baptie in the middle.Dougie was at Lok before he signed for Motherwell.

Sad about Baillieston as used to enjoy our trips over East end to Station Park 

1 hour ago, Glens lad said:

Can't see by Talbot for this. 1-0 or 10-0 it has Talbots name all over it. Then again I said that last year emoji847.png and look what happened

Can’t see Hurlford being strong enough as Talbot just keep pulverising teams in games until they break them.

I remember talking to Talbot legend Kenny Paterson before the Shotts final in 2012. He said "look at the way they're warming up, we're gonna annihilate them!" Form is always out of the window with the Final, it counts for nowt.

It's a one off game. I remember talking to Shotts fans before the game in 2012 and told them they'd be the one celebration at time up as I wasn't confident that we'd do it. Strangely enough I said the same on 2002 v Linlithgow.

Anything can happen in a single game of football

That was the point I was making. I for one didn’t expect Afton to win the Scottish Junior Cup last June. We did, and a beautiful day was had.
So yeah Hurlford can upset the odds. [emoji6]

I just can’t see it though [emoji848]

I doubt many would have fancied Hurlford getting to the final with the League form they’ve had. They still have some talented players and love him or hate him, Henderson knows how to win games. That said I’d be very disappointed if we lose to Hurlford, if we can play our game, it should see them off.

Will be an interesting game on Monday night, not sure how much we’ll be able to read into it. Also a big well done to Logan, our first academy player to get a call up to the first team and was very unlucky not to get on the score sheet. Fantastic boost for the whole academy no doubt :thumsup2

8 hours ago, Glens lad said:

That was the point I was making. I for one didn’t expect Afton to win the Scottish Junior Cup last June. We did, and a beautiful day was had.
So yeah Hurlford can upset the odds. emoji6.png

I just can’t see it though emoji848.png

You were in a bit of a minority because most fancied you by the time the final came round. You had just won the league and Talbot were struggling badly for goals. 

Archived