Scottish Junior Cup Final 2018

WitsTheGoalieDain?

24 minutes ago, Ubidizzy said:

Reckon Talbot will win, they have been in so many finals over the years and won the majority of them.

You could put Black and Gold ribbons on the cup today without waiting for the final.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As noted above we are scheduled to rip our park(carpet) up next year so I expect that this will be the last year the game is played at Rugby Park.

Or at least for a couple of seasons.

With all the upheaval in the Juniors it’s tough to tell when the final Scottish Junior Cup final will be played. That’s not a dig, it could take 20 years, but will the last winners of the cup get to keep it?

13 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

With all the upheaval in the Juniors it’s tough to tell when the final Scottish Junior Cup final will be played. That’s not a dig, it could take 20 years, but will the last winners of the cup get to keep it?

Interesting point just what would happen and when to the Junior Cup. I'll take a guess and say it will be around for a few years yet.

9 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

As noted above we are scheduled to rip our park(carpet) up next year so I expect that this will be the last year the game is played at Rugby Park.

Or at least for a couple of seasons.

The only club that deserves to keep it is Talbot, but not sure if you get a replica for winning a certain number of them anyway so they might already have one. 

Should probably end up in the Hampden museum as it's a cracking piece of silverware. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

The only club that deserves to keep it is Talbot, but not sure if you get a replica for winning a certain number of them anyway so they might already have one. 

Should probably end up in the Hampden museum as it's a cracking piece of silverware. 

It should be the new Scottish Non-League Trophy.

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

I know Talbot were given a replica for winning in the centenary year but not sure if they were given another at any point.

I also remember we all expected to get it to keep after the three in a row of 1988 but were denied. IIRC it was because we had the centenary one. Either way, there must be a Scottish Junior cup sized groove worn on the shelf of tha cabinet at Beechwood.

I agree about it’s appearance. I’ve always thought it’s the perfect trophy. If you asked someone to draw what they perceived as a trophy that would be it. 

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

Believe that a new trophy will be presented this year as the current one has,nt any more room for names....yes this handsome trophy will be on display at the Hampden museum if this story is true...maybe some of us will eventually be allowed to have our photos taken with it...unlike the Talbot supporters who must have dozens lying around.

37 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I know Talbot were given a replica for winning in the centenary year but not sure if they were given another at any point.

I also remember we all expected to get it to keep after the three in a row of 1988 but were denied. IIRC it was because we had the centenary one. Either way, there must be a Scottish Junior cup sized groove worn on the shelf of tha cabinet at Beechwood.

I agree about it’s appearance. I’ve always thought it’s the perfect trophy. If you asked someone to draw what they perceived as a trophy that would be it. 

Crafted by good Scottish Victorian silversmiths...would cost a fortune to replicate today...Still plenty trophy,s of that era around.

Do Talbot get enough credit for their record in the junior cup.I remember the early 80s when we got so close to a final,you would have settled for winning it once in my lifetime,some massive junior teams have only played once,maybe not at all in a final.My kids have grown up watching Talbot lift the cup on 5 occasions and losing 2,each year they ask if their getting the new Talbot jersey for the final,they almost take it for granted that the bot will get there each year,when i try to tell them that fans of other prominant junior teams dream of reaching a semi or a final,they dont really understand the holy grail significance of the scottish junior cup,it really speaks volume for Talbots record.Its also my fear that such history will be lost or negated with arrival of pyramid.

2 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Do Talbot get enough credit for their record in the junior cup.I remember the early 80s when we got so close to a final,you would have settled for winning it once in my lifetime,some massive junior teams have only played once,maybe not at all in a final.My kids have grown up watching Talbot lift the cup on 5 occasions and losing 2,each year they ask if their getting the new Talbot jersey for the final,they almost take it for granted that the bot will get there each year,when i try to tell them that fans of other prominant junior teams dream of reaching a semi or a final,they dont really understand the holy grail significance of the scottish junior cup,it really speaks volume for Talbots record.Its also my fear that such history will be lost or negated with arrival of pyramid.

How lucky your kids are to be associated with a team that has brought quality to this old trophy....and a record that has seemingly caused a lot of envy with the caustic remarks that are thrown the clubs way year in year out...Hope they have kept their cup final jerseys.. they are part of a rich  local junior community history , to be proud off....The now..naysayers of junior football and each clubs history ..would sell that history for any bank note they are being offered.....Junior football has played a very significant part in our local communities Social history.....but as I say ...the current money is king philosophy seems to prevail and those not embracing it are seen as Luddites...sad.

2 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Talbot get plenty of credit, a lot of it comes in the guise of bitterness and jealousy right enough, but it all counts. 

Archived