Scottish Junior Cup Final 2018

WitsTheGoalieDain?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Can’t see Hurlford beating Talbot-poor team against us and thought against Wishaw today they were average and just shaded it but not by much.But who knows in the cup....

Hurlford Shouldn't have beaten Musselburgh either, but sometimes the luck is with you!

12 minutes ago, Shanner said:

might as well get the inevitable pitch debate underway- the final  really shouldn't be on fuzzy felt.

But it will! Most senior teams with grass do their park maintenance in May/June. Talbot to win, again...but you never know in a cup final. 

5 minutes ago, Redbrae said:

But it will! Most senior teams with grass do their park maintenance in May/June. Talbot to win, again...but you never know in a cup final. 

True, there's no avoiding it sadly. 

Talbot are going to be expected to win but there have been enough upsets over the years to suggest they'll need to play well to do so. 

We only have to think back to Shotts in 2012 to understand that. I think Talbot will be very well prepared indeed.

I wonder what the Junior Cup statistics that one Forum member put up a few seasons back look like now?

I count this is Talbot's 15th final?

Won 11, lost to lithgae, shotts n glens?

Since winning in 1985,  this will be their 20th time in semis or more in 35 years, as they have lost semis  to tayport twice, Renfrew, boness n ballieston!

I could be wrong!

Hurlford won’t have far to walk if the final is at Rugby Park, couple of miles at best. Though on the plus side it just might bring out the local neutrals [emoji848] it’s a great day out folks [emoji1360] sure there’s ever chance I’ll go along to this, just for the fun factor [emoji471] obviously I’m not interested in who lifts the cup.but just to enjoy the Scottish Junior Cup Final.
Good luck to both teams

1 hour ago, btw lads said:

I count this is Talbot's 15th final?

Won 11, lost to lithgae, shotts n glens?

Since winning in 1985,  this will be their 20th time in semis or more in 35 years, as they have lost semis  to tayport twice, Renfrew, boness n ballieston!

I could be wrong!

Sloan has arguably superseded Knox as the most successful Scottish Cup manager in Junior history which I think it's fair to say was a record nobody ever expected to see passed. 

Both these managers have won 5 each, while clubs like Linlithgow have only won five in their entire history and they're considered a good cup side.  Talbot are great at building long term dominance based of stability. Some clubs go through managers like they're going out of fashion and it gets them nowhere. 

Archived