Southern Ireland WC 2018 thread.

PB 4.2

Always nice to remind the "I'm Scottish but I support Oirland"  section of society that the jolly lads in the sectarian Isle will NOT be in Russia.    

Image result for martin o'neill unhappy

Image result for martin o'neill unhappy

Image result for christian eriksen denmark v ireland

Is football honestly the third or fourth choice these days? I know this may have been true a generation ago, but I'd be very surprised if this was still the case now.

In terms of participation and spectators it's fourth I reckon. All the lads got those hurlies and 80s looking GAA tops on the go. You see egg chasing tops and shorts a lot and it gets huge coverage, Leinster vs Munster is an event a million miles from the Irish league. Most folk have an interest in English football, Liverpool and Man Utd mostly. Celtic are an irrelevance, surprisingly so, Partick Thistle are not widely known. Observations of someone with a missus from Cork.

At least the Irish can console themselves with the fact that they didn’t shite it out of nationhood, apart from those (mainly of Scots extraction) in the northeast, who do still enjoy suckling at the English teat like a third-born Royal baby.

Just now, The OP said:

At least the Irish can console themselves with the fact that they didn’t shite it out of nationhood, apart from those (mainly of Scots extraction) in the northeast, who do still enjoy suckling at the English teat like a third-born Royal baby.

Deary me.

It is my understanding that even in the thirteenth century it took an Australian, an Irishman and a weegie who preferred to be thought of as Irish to show the quisling Scots how fighting for independence is done.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Surprised at Celtic fans jumping to the defence of a foreign country whilst slagging off their own country.

We don’t live in a country mate. In places where Celtic supporters make up a majority of the population there was definitely a belief we could be every bit as good at it as Southern Ireland but unfortunately the inferiority complex everywhere else (except Dundee) was overwhelming. :(

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

We don’t live in a country mate. In places where Celtic supporters make up a majority of the population there was definitely a belief we could be every bit as good at it as Southern Ireland but unfortunately the inferiority complex everywhere else (except Dundee) was overwhelming. :(

If it wasn’t for those pesky Rangers fans eh?

I don't think you're following my train of thought. I'd blame people from places like Perthshire and Aberdeen a bit more than Them for our current predicament. The CAT booted, feathery hatted brigade from the rural parts of the country talk the talk, but they know that they refused to walk the walk. As a result, they resent Southern Ireland. Plus Southern Ireland supporters proved themselves even more capable of drunkenly harassing tidy foreign birds by singing loudly at them at Euro 2016. 

6 minutes ago, The OP said:

I don't think you're following my train of thought. I'd blame people from places like Perthshire and Aberdeen a bit more than Them for our current predicament. The CAT booted, feathery hatted brigade from the rural parts of the country talk the talk, but they know that they refused to walk the walk. As a result, they resent Southern Ireland. Plus Southern Ireland supporters proved themselves even more capable of drunkenly harassing tidy foreign birds by singing loudly at them at Euro 2016. 

Why are you thinking about trains?   

I'm from #perthshire and I voted Yes because Scotland is a country.   

Still great when Martin O'Neil fails at anything.   Such a terrible human being.  

10 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

I'm from #perthshire and I voted Yes because Scotland is a country.   

I dont really see Scotland as a country after the referendum to be honest, especially when you see places like Catalonia who voted to be one and are being held against there own will. #Perthshire was about 60%  sadly.

Archived