Auld People

I'm in the middle and can see both points of view. Auld c***s are terrible for thinking that experience means they are always right. Young people of today don't help themselves by not voting and neglecting having children to pursue more selfish goals.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I've only met a couple of old ladies that had this, both said it was to have nice teeth for their wedding! 

Bonkers if you ask me, but then I don't know what state their teeth were in before that. 

Isn't the usual explanation for this the removal of the economic burden which teeth would be on a prospective husband? A kind of dental dowry.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

At what point does the passage of time and experience change from being massively beneficial to you as a person, to leaving you out of touch?

As I age I would say I am becoming a better and more tolerant person on a lot of levels, but if it works like that all the way to old age, how come loads of old people (not all) are selfish, ignorant to the struggles faced by younger generations, and very intolerant.

When and why does the change occur? Is there points in the evolution of the human mind where it becomes more open or more closed to new ideas?

As you get older you begin to buy into the Conservative mentality that young people are trying to tan your pension. So you start voting tory and become a miserable, bitter c**t.

My father had his teeth removed in his twenties too. He says he cracked a tooth in a fall and the dentist offered to just whip them all out at once under the rationale that he'd need to get them all removed over time anyway, and it'd be much cheaper to just do it in a one-er.

You do get the impression that brushing teeth must have been something that caught on around the same time as majority Labour governments.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Old people aren't necessarily bad but they are a burden. 

We need to introduce a logans run style limit at about 70.

Fine by me. Perhaps we can review the upper limit in 5 years time...

4 hours ago, The DA said:

Only the really hardcore miserable c***s make it into their 80s.  Being miserable and depressed shortens your lifespan.

Agreed, my miserable racist great uncle is 82 and his health isn't the greatest.  His older brother, my granddad, is 95 and in much better shape and my granddad is friendly and cheery!  

3 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Isn't the usual explanation for this the removal of the economic burden which teeth would be on a prospective husband? A kind of dental dowry.

I've no idea. It just seems really odd to me! 

I work with the elderly and while there are some total arseholes that are stuck in the old mindset that nurses are there to do for people rather than enable them, there's just as many that are grateful, polite, sweet natured and kind.

My auld boy is in his mid 80’s. I have only ever heard him swear once in my entire life. We had a stupid row about something and he said the word "arse". Honestly shocked me to the core and killed the row stone dead. I found it, stupidly, very upsetting at the time that I had upset him so much that he actually said a word that he would probably never use.

Must admit though, if my skin was any thinner, I would be see through! :lol:

Today's tale of compete cuntery by someone more than old enough to know better goes as follows.

Where I live there' a church and a school with houses that go round the corner.  Now both institutions have been there for a good number of decades.

The God shop is rarely in use but you get a bit of school parking twice a day that lasts about 15 minutes and isn't any bother to navigate.

Now the houses have drive ways and open grass verges which are public land and don't belong to anyone.

Today the church had a funeral on (for a 2 year old) and there was a big turn out this was during school run time so parking was a bit of a fucker but everyone was being as considerate as they could and made sure the road was well clear. 

A couple of cars had parked on the grass verge not blocking any driveways or footpaths and were causing no bother to anyone.

However the entitled old thundercunt that lives on the corner has come out throwing fucks at everyone because "his" grass will get chewed up this is when the streets are full of bairns and their mothers and mourners for the funeral. He's lucky he didn't get filled in.

Daughter used to swim with the Glasgow Swimming club and trained 6 days a week at various council run  leisure centres across the city. It was a huge commitment for the kids (and parents) 5am starts before school and several sessions at night. Saturday  morning training was at Tollcross leisure centre for an 8am start. Tollcross had a 50 metre Olympic sized pool that could be halved in size to allow the kids to train unimpeded from the rest of the public. Without fail, several old clusterfucks(and they were always old b*****ds) would deliberately enter the side of the pool the kids were training in disrupting the session despite the other 25 metre pool remaining relatively quiet.  Trying to reason with them was futile and even asking them the question, would you rather these kids were hanging outside their houses drinking and causing bother or leading a healthy, fitness led existence didn't seem to register with the old c***s. They felt because it was a 'public' pool they had the right to swim there(even though they were paying f**k all for the privilege).

Archived