Auld People

So I went for an appointment at my GPs today and once I came out of the office and entered the reception area, there was some old lady (must have been in her 80s). She seen her doctor standing at the desk and tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I take it you have more important patients to see than me then?" This was because she waited over half an hour to see him. However, the reason for this was because she turned up late and her doctor was forced to move on to the next patient who's appointment happened to be half an hour long. He explained this to her and after throwing a big strop, she stormed out of the door. She sounded like the typical poshed up, self righteous, tory type.

It got me thinking. What is it with old people in this country and their sense of entitlement over others? Where does this mentality come from? They're quick to attack millennials and other younger generations about their own attitudes while failing to see the hypocrisy.

Whoever said age brings wisdom needs a boot in the baws.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

So I went for an appointment at my GPs today and once I came out of the office and entered the reception area, there was some old lady (must have been in her 80s). She seen her doctor standing at the desk and tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I take it you have more important patients to see than me then?" This was because she waited over half an hour to see him. However, the reason for this was because she turned up late and her doctor was forced to move on to the next patient who's appointment happened to be half an hour long. He explained this to her and after throwing a big strop, she stormed out of the door. She sounded like the typical poshed up, self righteous, tory type.

It got me thinking. What is it with old people in this country and their sense of entitlement over others? Where does this mentality come from? They're quick to attack millennials and other younger generations about their own attitudes while failing to see the hypocrisy.

Whoever said age brings wisdom needs a boot in the baws.

Yes indeed. Your sample size of 1 really highlights the scale of this problem. 

Old folk tend to be friendlier with decent banter.   If I was waiting at a bus stop (which is unlikely because I hold a full UK driving licence)  I'd rather have a chat with some old c**t than watch some wee lassie taking photos of herself.     

The b*****ds have had the best of everything.

Free education, well paid jobs, affordable housing, the nhs and good pensions to name a few. They've ripped the arse out of everything and fucked it for future generations and to cap it all they don't even have the common decency to fucking die.

34 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Old folk tend to be friendlier with decent banter.   If I was waiting at a bus stop (which is unlikely because I hold a full UK driving licence)  I'd rather have a chat with some old c**t than watch some wee lassie taking photos of herself.     

The fact you drive and never need to actually wait at a bus stop surrounded by old duffers makes your view on the matter invalid. Save it for those who do actually have to wait at the bus stop.

47 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Beast alert.

In general I really dislike old people. Of course you get a few decent ones - mainly the cheery old man type - but on the whole they are miserable, Tory, Brexit wankers. Thankfully all the things they like are slowly dying out, such as bowling clubs, churches and racism. All we need is for Werthers originals to go bust and surely there will be mass suicides across the country.

12 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The fact you drive and never need to actually wait at a bus stop surrounded by old duffers makes your view on the matter invalid. Save it for those who do actually have to wait at the bus stop.

Hanging about places like this I'd be surprised you didn't come across bottom feeders of all ages........

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

In general I really dislike old people. Of course you get a few decent ones - mainly the cheery old man type - but on the whole they are miserable, Tory, Brexit wankers. Thankfully all the things they like are slowly dying out, such as bowling clubs, churches and racism. All we need is for Werthers originals to go bust and surely there will be mass suicides across the country.

Is there an age that this cross over starts or are you just generalising in a virtue signalling way?

PS - You forgot the whole stink of piss cliche btw.....

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Yes indeed. Your sample size of 1 really highlights the scale of this problem. 

56 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Do old people begin sentences with "So" in the style of the OP?

If not, I know who needs to shuffle off this mortal coil in order to make it a better place.

^^^ geriatrics found

38 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Shouldn't be allowed to vote if you're 60 or over. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Do old people begin sentences with "So" in the style of the OP?

If not, I know who needs to shuffle off this mortal coil in order to make it a better place.

I’m going to go off topic and say the “so” thing pisses me off.  It seems to a US import; I’ve listened to a number of Americans interviewed in the media and it’s incredible how many can start every sentence this way; particularly when they’re answering a direct question.

Two other points

1.  If you’re lucky you’ll all grow old then have to listen to ungrateful/jealous c***s criticise you just for the sake of it.

2.  If so, unlike other prejudices you then you are the future target of your own criticism.

3.  Please feel honest/ungrateful enough to criticise your own parents/grandparents (without whom you wouldn’t be here you ungrateful b*****ds) with the same venom as criticising other old people.

4.  Yeah I know I said “two other points” but f**k it I’m old.

5.  I love how (some) people can be wound up by folk who just happened to have lived for a certain period of time.

6.  I’ve forgotten 6.

7.  Some old people are c***s, particularly the ones are slow on their feet yet who try to cross the street when there’s a crossing 20metres (65.6168 feet) away.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m going to go off topic and say the “so” thing pisses me off.  It seems to a US import; I’ve listened to a number of Americans interviewed in the media and it’s incredible how many can start every sentence this way; particularly when they’re answering a direct question.

Two other points

1.  If you’re lucky you’ll all grow old then have to listen to ungrateful/jealous c***s criticise you just for the sake of it.

2.  If so, unlike other prejudices you then you are the future target of your own criticism.

3.  Please feel honest/ungrateful enough to criticise your own parents/grandparents (without whom you wouldn’t be here you ungrateful b*****ds) with the same venom as criticising other old people.

4.  Yeah I know I said “two other points” but f**k it I’m old.

5.  I love how (some) people can be wound up by folk who just happened to have lived for a certain period of time.

6.  I’ve forgotten 6.

7.  Some old people are c***s, particularly the ones are slow on their feet yet who try to cross the street when there’s a crossing 20metres (65.6168 feet) away.

The reason people don't like you is not because you're old. It's because you're a c**t. HTH. 

Archived