Auld People

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do love when some sold duffer says "I miss the good old days"

Every single little detail I've heard about from yesteryear sounds fucking awful and to go back to those days would be an absolute disaster.

Imagine the pubs closing early.

No 24 hour supermarkets.

Having to go to 7 shops instead of 1.

Dying of some Shitty disease that nowadays you wouldn't take a day off for.

Rationing.

Having to marry the 1st lassie you pumped.

Believing the news.

Every Auld guy seemed to be a creepy paedo. 

Can't afford anything.

Shite conditions at work.

Thinking flying was just for rich folk.

Dying of a smoking illness and you never smoked a fag in your life.

Etc.....

On 21/04/2018 at 11:45, Granny Danger said:

I can understand young folk in Scotland who resent the old folk who voted NO.  Just remember not all of them/us did.

I agree.

I've spoke to a few yes voting pensioners.

What I hate is my great uncle voted no and I worship that guy. Even today he would still vote no so we don't discuss it.

48 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I agree.

What I hate is my great uncle voted no and I worship that guy. Even today he would still vote no so we don't discuss it.

Doesn’t sound like that great an uncle tbh.

55 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I agree.

How did he vote in the EU referendum?

26 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I believe he wanted to remain

I just can't believe the number of morons (young and old) I've run into in this area (Burnley) who are convinced that all EU migrants are here, either to sign up for whatever benefits they can get their hands on, or "take our jobs" They're completely oblivious to the fact that, thanks to Brexit, the entire health service across the length and breadth of the country is in a complete mess as so many working migrants are now heading  home, and no one is coming in to replace them.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm 51 so old age isn't that far away but what i have generally found in life is that age doesn't define how a person acts or is personality wise.

If someone is an absolute c**t at 21 they will still be an absolute c**t at 71.

cheery news - i have (potentially) another 19 years of absolute cuntery to look foward to and enjoy - yay

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm 51 so old age isn't that far away but what i have generally found in life is that age doesn't define how a person acts or is personality wise.

If someone is an absolute c**t at 21 they will still be an absolute c**t at 71.

Think there's something in this but there are plenty oldies who turn into cvnts. While my sainted old mum isn't at the cvnt stage yet, she's not the open minded and tolerant (especially of change) easy going cat that she was. My old man was the same before he coofed it. I reckon you can (and probably most of us do) become a bit entrenched as we get older and maybe feel more vulnerable. The young love change and making things 'theirs', new music, new fashions etc, bound to cause a bit of 'them and us' in both groups. Basically people are egotistical cvnts and we can be egotistical in different ways. Deal with it, oldies are cvnts, the yoofs are cvnts and even us 'middlies' are cvnts, just to different degrees and having different starting definitions of what constitutes a cvnt. Its all about tolerating each other cvntiness.

Archived