Lidl in Giffnock

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I wouldn't be seen dead in any supermarket. There's no way I'm rubbing shoulders with all the scabby b*****ds and piss cats who shop there. :yucky

I go to B&M Bargains instead.

Partial to B&M's, Home Bargains etc too, who can say no to a Fray Bentos for a quid.

48 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I go to B&M Bargains instead.

The Mayflower medium Chinese curry is thee best curry I’ve tasted out of there, oh and toblerones for a £1 

15 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Fucking hate Aldi’s/Lidl, takes me at least 15 minutes extra to get the wife out because of all the shite they sell 

My OH came back the other day with one of those hand held mini vacuum cleaners having gone in for something basic.  Any excursion is pretty much like this these days:

The £10 meal deal from M&S is brilliant value for money.  Good quality food and the wine selection is usually decent.  Tesco one can be good too and usually includes their ‘Finest’ Chardonnay which is very drinkable.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

My OH came back the other day with one of those hand held mini vacuum cleaners having gone in for something basic.  Any excursion is pretty much like this these days:

I once went in for yoghurt and came out with a step ladder as well 

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The £10 meal deal from M&S is brilliant value for money.  Good quality food and the wine selection is usually decent.  Tesco one can be good too and usually includes their ‘Finest’ Chardonnay which is very drinkable.

M&S ready meals are brilliant also, 3 for £7 or 3 for £10

The Giffnock thing sounds like shades of a story I heard that Milngavie was up in arms about corporation bus routes being extended to there post-deregulation because they'd "lower the tone of the area" i.e. somewhere that the local hive mind thinks is a bit posher than it actually is.

We don't have a Lidl locally, but I've been converted after a visit to the local Aldi...beer selection is invariably good. Doubt we'd do the week's shop there ever - selection isn't that wide - but it's pretty good for snacky stuff.

My mate lives in a new bit in Bishopton and they have one of those similar facebook groups where everyone posts inane pish about things they could easily google etc. They all live in new houses so my mate said ‘im delighted to be moving into the estate’ the owner of the group replied correcting him that it was ‘an executive development and not an estate. People like that and the lidl fannies in giffnock need to relocate to the sea.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My mate lives in a new bit in Bishopton and they have one of those similar facebook groups where everyone posts inane pish about things they could easily google etc. They all live in new houses so my mate said ‘im delighted to be moving into the estate’ the owner of the group replied correcting him that it was ‘an executive development and not an estate. People like that and the lidl fannies in giffnock need to relocate to the sea.

Should have called it a "scheme", imho.

Reminds me of getting a quote for a kitchen at MFI (RIP) in Pollokshaws and the salesman telling us that theirs' was the only unmarked delivery van that MFI used, as the snobs in Giffnock and the Mearns didn't want their neighbours to know they'd shopped there. 

2 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

M&S ready meals are brilliant also, 3 for £7 or 3 for £10

That doesn't sound like a great deal, to be honest.

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

That doesn't sound like a great deal, to be honest.

Didn’t say it was a great deal, I said they were brilliant, as in the quality of the food. You get what you pay for, you want cheap slurp, go to one of the others ie Asda Tesco Morrison’s 

Archived