Lidl in Giffnock

5 hours ago, Taxman said:

I live in Yoker & our Lidl is generally full of foreigners now, English very rarely heard lol

How would foreigners find their way to Yoker? As Scottish born and bred I'd struggle, and have to walk around Glasgow asking people at bus stops.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Taxman said:

I live in Yoker & our Lidl is generally full of foreigners now, English very rarely heard lol

Has Les Porter's name always rhymed with Yoker, or did it used to be like Smith or something? 

Lidl are streets ahead of Aldi. Aldi can be like a jumble sale at times where you are looking through a basket of t shirts and you come across a swollen pack of mince that's about to explode. 

Tesco are the pikeys of the supermarket world though. I've been in many of their storerooms and they are by far the scruffiest least organised looking ones. In fairness to Tesco they have great reductions at times and I've seen trollies full of stuff for 9p each being wheeled out. Best you can get in Lidl is 30% off

4 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Lidl are streets ahead of Aldi. Aldi can be like a jumble sale at times where you are looking through a basket of t shirts and you come across a swollen pack of mince that's about to explode. 

^^^Man at Aldi.

Aldi-UK-mens-fashion-photo-anon-1719-detail.jpeg

Getting a Lidl built near us later this year, we're delighted. 
If others want to judge me for it they're welcome.

Are you vermin? As you’re a fellow Rovers fan I highly doubt that...but then I look at some of the beauts on our match threads and...it’s just so confusing.

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:34, IainMorton said:

Was going to go down to my local ASDA for some shopping. Might just stay in the house now and starve to death after reading this thread.

Probably for the best...

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:04, Dindeleux said:

M&S is brilliant but that’s actual cost of a shop in there compared to your Tesco/Morrisons etc is unreal.

Even for a rich c**t like me.

Aye, it's allright for a "treat", but to shop there every week wouldn't be on.

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:27, DA Baracus said:

Back to the Lidl bakery; I totally agree. The 19p baguettes are tremendous, as are the big 50p ones. The pastries are also very tasty and very cheap. If you get a fresh, still warm croissant then you have hit the jackpot, because they are glorious.

The mature coloured cheddar you can buy (a big block for £1.59) is excellent, and the packaged ham is good too.

Reported for racism...

Was in the new(ish) Lidl store in Slateford rd, Edinburgh this morning. The bakery department is tremendous. All in all, a very good store that very much holds its own (fnarr) against the so called big boys.

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, it's allright for a "treat", but to shop there every week wouldn't be on.

I get my mum's messages for her and its a 50/50 split, ready meals from M&S, bits and bobs from Aldi. Being in her 80's she's fabulously wealthy and doing the Aldi thing ironically to mock the poor millennials.  She's a bugger like that.

I bought a tub of coleslaw from M&S the other week and I have to say it was the best bought coleslaw I've tried, wasn't cheap though.

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

I get my mum's messages for her and its a 50/50 split, ready meals from M&S, bits and bobs from Aldi. Being in her 80's she's fabulously wealthy and doing the Aldi thing ironically to mock the poor millennials.  She's a bugger like that.

I bought a tub of coleslaw from M&S the other week and I have to say it was the best bought coleslaw I've tried, wasn't cheap though.

^^^^skimming the current account.

Archived