Lidl in Giffnock

52 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Ranking of supermarkets by scumminess.  Most scummy to least scummy.

Asda

Scot-Mid

Morrisons

Tesco

Aldi

Sainsbury's

Lidl

Waitrose

So if people who shop at Lidl are vermin, could we come up with some descriptive terms for people who shop at these other supermarkets?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's an interesting case study on what constitutes "middle class" in different parts of Scotland. Not visiting Lidl and branding people "vermin" would be two of the least middle class things you could do in my part of Edinburgh. Vulgar nouveau rich commentators rather than middle class IMO. 

Exactly. You have to wonder about the kind of people who define themselves by what supermarket they shop at. Shower of c***s. The comment about the Tory Young Team rings true.

All this thread has done has remind me about the inferno pizza. Away for a wee cry.
Pizza Jalapeño is a newer/similar take on the inferno. It was on during the Mexican week or whatever it was. I managed to get some last night in Alloa although they are low on numbers now.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Lidls is a fantastic shop.  Their bakery section is my favourite out of all the supermarkets.

That article is superb though.

Prestigious area but is just middle class and not pretentious? :lol:

Yeah, those Nutella* Doughnuts are fucking amazing.

*Ok, so it's probably a generic chocolate hazelnut spread, same rules apply.

No doubt about it. Andy Walker has been known to frequent pubs in the area and who could forget the horrific verbal assault Martyn Waghorn was subjected to, by a gang of feral school children?
That's some trick considering there aren't any 'pubs' in Giffnock.

Going out on a limb here but Waitrose is genuinely dreadful, not a patch on M&S. Sainsbury overpriced pish too.

M&S and Aldi

M&S is brilliant but that’s actual cost of a shop in there compared to your Tesco/Morrisons etc is unreal.

Even for a rich c**t like me.

9 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

M&S is brilliant but that’s actual cost of a shop in there compared to your Tesco/Morrisons etc is unreal.

M & S has the best food available.  It also does the best crisps - 

Image result for marks and spencer red pepper pita chips

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Percy pigs>personal wealth

It is expensive but every single thing tastes tremendous

Back to the Lidl bakery; I totally agree. The 19p baguettes are tremendous, as are the big 50p ones. The pastries are also very tasty and very cheap. If you get a fresh, still warm croissant then you have hit the jackpot, because they are glorious.

The mature coloured cheddar you can buy (a big block for £1.59) is excellent, and the packaged ham is good too.

The annoying thing about Lidl is that they have a tendency to discontinue tasty items right after you get use to basking in their magnificence or, even worse, withdraw them for a few months and re-introduce with a much shiter, probably cheaper recipe.

However, I do like collecting the Stickeez, because I am a big wean who probably shouldn't be allowed near the shops on his own.

Archived