Lidl in Giffnock

https://t.co/vpui4P97QW

Some hilarious meltdowns after residents of middle-class Giffnock find out that a Lidl store will be opening on the site of the former Whole Foods store.

I haven’t seen this much anger directed at Lidl since the P&B community learned that the Inferno pizza was being discontinued.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ludicrous from some of these utter fannies. I occasionally work up there and let me tell you there are plenty of scum bags floating about. Calling people "vermin" and claiming this will send the area into a downward spiral of Paislsey/Greenock  proportions is a bit rich.

It was one of the happiest days of my life when they opened an Aldi where I live.

25 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I occasionally work up there and let me tell you there are plenty of scum bags floating about. 

No doubt about it. Andy Walker has been known to frequent pubs in the area and who could forget the horrific verbal assault Martyn Waghorn was subjected to, by a gang of feral school children?

2 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

https://t.co/vpui4P97QW

Some hilarious meltdowns after residents of middle-class Giffnock find out that a Lidl store will be opening on the site of the former Whole Foods store.

I haven’t seen this much anger directed at Lidl since the P&B community learned that the Inferno pizza was being discontinued.

See the source image

17 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Aldi and Lidl are both excellent IMO. ASDA is where the real scum shop. Newton Mearns has had an ASDA for as long as I can remember. Imagine tolerating such squalor?

We use it like fly paper.  Keeps the undesirables from stumbling into Waitrose and fingering the pomegranates. 

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Ranking of supermarkets by scumminess.  Most scummy to least scummy.

Asda

Scot-Mid

Morrisons

Tesco

Aldi

Sainsbury's

Lidl

Waitrose

Iceland and Farmfoods missing from the top of this list IMO

6 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Iceland and Farmfoods missing from the top of this list IMO

Farmfoods sells multipacks of T Bone steak Roysters 2 for £1.50 so I'm happy enough to be called scum to enjoy the daddy of crisps at that price.

It's an interesting case study on what constitutes "middle class" in different parts of Scotland. Not visiting Lidl and branding people "vermin" would be two of the least middle class things you could do in my part of Edinburgh. Vulgar nouveau rich commentators rather than middle class IMO. 

Lidls is a fantastic shop.  Their bakery section is my favourite out of all the supermarkets.

That article is superb though.

Completely and utterly outrageous! There is no demand for a Lidl in Giffnock. It is only going to attract vermin that do not belong in this prestigious area.

Giffnock isn’t pretentious at all – it’s a middle class area and that is the way it should remain.

Prestigious area but is just middle class and not pretentious? :lol:

Archived