Edinburgh City v Clyde

For those travelling through from Cumbernauld/Weegeeland and are unfamiliar with good weather the big yellow firy ball in the sky is the Sun and not some kind of God to be worshipped. 

Thank you. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those travelling through from Cumbernauld/Weegeeland and are unfamiliar with good weather the big yellow firy ball in the sky is the Sun and not some kind of God to be worshipped. 
Thank you. 
Goodwillie is the only true God.

Not giving ourselves the best chance picking the team we have. That's disappointing.

Mind, if they go out fired up enough, maybe there'll still be a big goal haul. Cuddihy on for the second half.

We could romp this if we flung Cuddihy on; maybe even a second forward for the last half-hour.

Got to be an emphasis on goals. Without throwing caution to the wind completely, of course.

Shambles. No ground. No fans. No swearing. Mon eh Edinburgh! 

Laughable the state of your club!
I hope I'm wrong but I'm sure one of the songs played before the match contained "Nigga" and "Motherfucker" in its lyrics. Did anyone else hear it?

Although I support encouraging youngsters to matches, I think ghetto hip hopping is going too far.

Ach, pulled our punches again I think.

Having said that... Something to play for on the final day of the season? Absolutely magic. Bumper crowd at Broadwood.

And could we rattle Berwick at home? Oh, aye. Particularly with them having played midweek.

Love it. This has been a great season, outcome irrespective. Huge kudos goes to Danny, Allan and the lads for the way it's been turned-around.

Ach, pulled our punches again I think.

Having said that... Something to play for on the final day of the season? Absolutely magic. Bumper crowd at Broadwood.

And could we rattle Berwick at home? Oh, aye. Particularly with them having played midweek.

Love it. This has been a great season, outcome irrespective. Huge kudos goes to Danny, Allan and the lads for the way it's been turned-around.

Apart from picking the wrong team most weeks [emoji16]

Well done to all at the club; from relegation candidates to guaranteed 5th place or better is an amazing turnaround.

Obviously Stenny still in the box seat and a win at Berwick during the week will seal their playoff and allow Stirling to probadly seal theirs Saturday.

Bit you never know; perhaps our friends South of the Border will do us 2 favours...

Could've done with scoring a couple more; Nicoll's rush of blood this week manifesting itself in the concession of a penalty rather than a booking doesn't help matters either. In the end, a good block from Currie meant it remained an addition of 2 to the goal difference.

Like the first game at Ainslie Park, this one was over as soon as Clyde scored really. Once the second came, it was curtains for City. No passengers today; I really hope next week isn't the last we see of Goodwillie in a Clyde shirt. Always, always a pleasure. Hopefully our beautiful Berwick buds can do us a wee favour midweek and give us something to play for.

Not sure I’m in the minority here, but not sure why Edinburgh - one of the most impressive teams I’ve seen this season - having got a goal back - resorted to extremely physical tactics in the last 20 minutes.

Very poor show.

As for Clyde - good professional performance with the score line an accurate reflection of our dominance. Yes more goals would have been nice, but a greater score line I feel would have been flattering.

Of course, a stenny win on Tuesday means its near enough all over.  But to be In consideration  is remarkable 

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I hope I'm wrong but I'm sure one of the songs played before the match contained "Nigga" and "Motherfucker" in its lyrics. Did anyone else hear it?

Although I support encouraging youngsters to matches, I think ghetto hip hopping is going too far.

Wrong. It was Psalm 23. It's just the Spartans' PA system is currently shite. 

Archived