Player of the year

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Yes and don't we know it emoji6.png

I take it the P&B Clyde fans have already had their own vote on best Clyde player and best player in League 2? Maybe they are the same player.

The PFA union members might nominate the best players but there has to be a little bias towards players that are popular and or gain respect, since all 4 nominees are in their 30's it could suggest this. 

I don't think Goodwillie is a popular player and maybe never will be even if he's getting his head down and getting on with it but its up to Clyde fans if they wish to name him their player of the year for the club.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Congratulations to Smith for winning the award and not raping anyone. Throughly deserved. 

Always get a laugh that you come down to league 2 forums to have a say on this. Sitting raging so you are. 

Fair play, he's had a good season and it's only the last few weeks Goodwillie has gone past him. Some scoring record for a guy that plays off the left rather than directly up top. Only one of the four I think deserved to be in the top four. 

10 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

On a serious note Dillion probably deserved it, but facts don't lie. Darren Lee Smith is king of this league.

Well done to him, hopefully winning it is similar to the effect the Manager of the Month Award usually has for the winner

Well done to him, hopefully winning it is similar to the effect the Manager of the Month Award usually has for the winner

He didn't play yesterday, so not sure if he is fit for Wednesday. Wee Neil has stepped up, so we'll be fine.

So how does that equate to the being the best player in the league?

Well for 1 he's clearly the best looking, I mean look at him he absolutely oozes class. Secondly his footballing ability is miles ahead of the rest, name a player, who hasn't been in court for rejecting the word no who's better?

Great to see Darren Smith holding that trophy. I can only imagine he'll look even better holding the League 2 trophy aloft in a Clyde shirt next season. 

Id be surprised if you signed the clearly best player in this league. Weird things happen though!

Archived