Player of the year

21 minutes ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Utter travesty that Goodwillie isnt on the list, easily the best player this league has ever seen, tainted victory to whoever wins it now, i would probably go for McAllister, class act and who has shown extreme loyalty to Peterhead when he could have easily moved elsewhere for a lot more money.

To give further credence to McAllisters case, i mind this season he played v us at broadwood after visiting his kid in hospital that day, that must have some been some decision to do that, but again shows his loyalty to his club.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see any point in getting annoyed at this [emoji23]

If a player looks back on his career I think playing in the top leagues in Scotland , England and playing for you country just about beats winning a fourth tier player of the year trophy[emoji16]

Having only seen Smith more than twice can't really comment
on how they have played during the year but hope whoever wins it has a good night at the awards[emoji106]

I'm chuffed Dillon made the shortlist, and for a defender to be a stand out is unusual, as kudos goes to strikers all the time...  That must be testament to the professionalism that he brings to the back line (why he isn't captain i do not know!) and other players must have seen that to vote for him....  (nightmares against Peterhead excepted!)

People are saying it's about football, not a popularity contest, well it's players voting so it kinda is. I don't think DGW endeared himself to many players this season with his swagger.

McAllister has had a quieter season, but commands respect for the way he's handled a difficult year personally, and i think he is less selfish on the pitch this year making assists and not just going for goal.

Paton is the best player I've seen on the pitch for a League 2 side this season. He should have an excellent career ahead of him. The travesty here isn't about Goodwillie - it's about Paton not being nominated.

The fact that Paton isn't rapey is also a plus though.

I'm chuffed Dillon made the shortlist, and for a defender to be a stand out is unusual, as kudos goes to strikers all the time...  That must be testament to the professionalism that he brings to the back line (why he isn't captain i do not know!) and other players must have seen that to vote for him....  (nightmares against Peterhead excepted!)
People are saying it's about football, not a popularity contest, well it's players voting so it kinda is. I don't think DGW endeared himself to many players this season with his swagger.
McAllister has had a quieter season, but commands respect for the way he's handled a difficult year personally, and i think he is less selfish on the pitch this year making assists and not just going for goal.

Think a factor as well is unlike the rest hasn't played in lower league football until he came to us , so won't have the number of mates at this level

Same probably applies to Paton

No doubt in the acceptance speech they will say it's great to be recognised by your mates oooooh oooh I mean my fellow professionals [emoji23]

33 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Think a factor as well is unlike the rest hasn't played in lower league football until he came to us , so won't have the number of mates at this level

Same probably applies to Paton

No doubt in the acceptance speech they will say it's great to be recognised by your mates oooooh oooh I mean my fellow professionals emoji23.png

Neither had Sean Dillon, never below the Championship at least, so your point is nonsense.

1 hour ago, beaver1 said:

Are loan players allowed to win the award? I had assumed that was why Paton had not been nominated .

Did Stevie May not win it when he was on loan at Alloa a few years ago?

What an absolute joke of an award when the prime candidate is omitted from the running due to completely unrelated reasons.

I doubt he will give two shits but still a very poor show.

Put it this way, if you had the choice of keeping Goodie or signing one of those 4 its a no brainer.

Dillon deserves his nomination, Gibson is inconsistent and shouldn’t be listed, McAllister hasn’t been as lethal this season (a bit inconsistent too), and Smith is a cart horse.

Goodwillies fellow players haven’t voted for him simple as that, maybe they have let the whole situation away from football affect their choices and maybe they haven’t, who knows.

Clyde fans greeting about it and slagging the rest of the players on the list won’t make a difference, the whole situation is a bit mucky whether they agree with that or not.

CANT BELIEVE GOODWILLIE ISNT NOMINATED.IVE HELD BACK MY ANGER ALL WEEK ON THIS AND ITS TIME TO SPEAK UP AND BE COUNTED! WE ARE CLYDE AND WE DESERVE OUR STAR PLAYER TO WIN THIS AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I COULDNT SEE ANYONE BUT DGW WINNING THIS, WHO EVEN ARE THE OTHER PLAYERS ON THE SHORTLIST ?????

Archived