Championship Play-offs

Who do you want to be in the Championship next season?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone needs to be positive IMO, players, fans and staff. I doubt many made a logical case for Brechin to win the lot last year but they did so. If the fans believe then it might just rub off on the players. Wishful thinking? Absolutely, but the alternative is accepting defeat now. It's not attractive.

Fair point indeed Moonster, the year we came up via the play offs we were probably the last team you thought would win it, we came through though.
I am sure Arbroath have not forgotten the Stevie Grindlay show at Gayfield[emoji122]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big night tonight with Alloa vs Raith Rovers and Arbroath vs Dumbarton
Head along if you're not watching Liverpool in the Champions League semi-final.

What you mean is Roma v Liverpool is a dead rubber. Head to the playoffs for some real excitement.

These playoffs have the potential to be fantastic matchups.  Both Raith and Alloa are in good form lately and Alloa have a very well organized team, at least they were in the televised game against Ayr so that one could be tight while Arbroath must be confident given Dumbarton's recent league form.  I'm not a betting man but these playoffs will be very interesting and too close to call IMHO. 

Good to see Raith are still #RoaringBack... come on, did they really think a hashtag/campaign like that, wasn’t going to backfire? Looking at tonight’s attendance, their fans don’t even care anymore. Would assume there were at least 600 home fans, meaning, at most, around 500 Raith fans travelled?

On 18/04/2018 at 17:01, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Let's be totally honest, the answer for everyone who isn't a Sons fan is clearly Arbroath. Tremendous away day.

Location my vote nearly went Alloa, for the league profile Raith....best day out is Arbroath tho...

Dont think either ties are clean cut after tonight, Raith have a task on their hands but not impossible

Just back from Arbroath. It was a bit of a battle but delighted with the victory I actually thought Arbroath’s best spell was for 15-20 minutes of the second half with our goal under siege and Gallagher making a couple of vital saves. Sons regained composure and confidence late in the game which resulted in the winner.

1 hour ago, RangersScotland18 said:

Great result for Dumbarton, got family who go to all home and a few away games. They were fearing the worst because of recent form. Game not done yet but Dumbarton must be big favs now

Get yourself along on Saturday - we've lowered our entry prices for you and everything ;)

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Get yourself along on Saturday - we've lowered our entry prices for you and everything ;)

Working mate and thanks , just saw the highlights in the League 1 forum there. 

What type of crowd you guys expecting esp with the lower prices? 

49 minutes ago, RangersScotland18 said:

Working mate and thanks , just saw the highlights in the League 1 forum there. 

What type of crowd you guys expecting esp with the lower prices? 

Before last night's result I was worried it would be piss poor. I'm hopeful the late winner has given everyone a wee boost and with the good offers for families being on that we can get over 1,000 at the game. 

Expect Arbroath to have 200-300? 

Before last night's result I was worried it would be piss poor. I'm hopeful the late winner has given everyone a wee boost and with the good offers for families being on that we can get over 1,000 at the game. 

Expect Arbroath to have 200-300? 

Should easily get that. If we’d won I’d have expected much more. Our support is usually pretty good on the whole (part time wise) and we can get a fair amount of day trippers for the bigger games.

Saying that our crowd was pish last night. We’ve been getting 750-800 for games against QP/Airdrie and Stranraer recently with barely an away support to speak of in those. 892 last night is shite, know it’s a Wednesday but still, was quite disappointed in the Dumbarton support but could understand how finishing work at 5 or whatever and getting up here would be a pain for a lot of folk.

Just have to wait and see.

Archived