Championship Play-offs

Who do you want to be in the Championship next season?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm intrigued, apart from a cracking stadium, what makes a great away day for someone who doesn't drink? I always assume people are referring to the decent pubs near the stadium or good train links when they talk about the best away days.  

5 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Let's be totally honest, the answer for everyone who isn't a Sons fan is clearly Arbroath. Tremendous away day.

No. As far as I’m concerned, Dumbarton ARE the Championship.

If you get relegated, we cancel it till you return.

3 hours ago, smpar said:

I'm intrigued, apart from a cracking stadium, what makes a great away day for someone who doesn't drink? I always assume people are referring to the decent pubs near the stadium or good train links when they talk about the best away days.  

Easy enough to get to, properly old fashioned ground, the opportunity to switch-ends, tremendous chippies, some good inter-fan bantz. Plus we won the first-leg of the playoffs there, and it was an away game I used to always do with the family (and sometimes a mate too) when I was wee  - so I've got good memories associated with the place.

Arbroath seems like a relatively nice wee town as well. Although I'm not sure if that's an image I've conjured up with a mixture of sun, playoff success and battered fish.

I'm not overly scared of the 1st Div teams, although I'd like to avoid Ayr.

If someones going to beat us please make it Alloa. As well as a strong ex DFC contingent (top boys) they've got a great burger van (rolls and pie) and seem like a well run, tidy club.

I dont know much about Arbroath and dont mean them any disrespect.

I think the Championship next year would be a great league if Ayr and Raith were in it together.

4 hours ago, smpar said:

People don’t drink on away days? :o

4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Easy enough to get to, properly old fashioned ground, the opportunity to switch-ends, tremendous chippies, some good inter-fan bantz.

Its not easy to get to from Dumfries and I couldnt care less about changing ends or chippies. Arbroath eould be the worst option for me. All things being equal I would probably rather keep Dumbarton. Although fine with Alloa too.

Dumbarton for me.

Have enjoyed my trips there over the last few seasons (despite the results for the most part), and given their budget set against most other teams in the league and part time status, have really punched above their weight year in year out to stay in the league, and would be happy to see this continue for another year.

Wee update:

Still tight in the L1 title race but Rovers now have the edge following back-to back defeats for Ayr. If the wee team equal or better Ayr's result on Saturday, they'll be champions and Ayr United will head into the play-offs.

Arbroath and Alloa were confirmed as taking part on Saturday.

Arbroath will finish 3rd if they equal or better Alloa's result this weekend.

On 19/04/2018 at 03:21, Skyline Drifter said:

Its not easy to get to from Dumfries and I couldnt care less about changing ends or chippies. Arbroath eould be the worst option for me. All things being equal I would probably rather keep Dumbarton. Although fine with Alloa too.

5ae025d6b5604_download(3).jpeg.1317508af0d39930043f47860bb5ccf7.jpeg

Archived